Off topic: How to transfer money?
Thread poster: power
Stefan Kopp
Stefan Kopp
Malaysia
Local time: 18:11
English to German
Western Union Jun 17, 2004

I would be careful with iKobo, so far I was not able to figure out if this is real or not. Western Union, on the contrary, is a well known, established company with excellent services around the world (although they were not able so far to translate their website into any other language than American). It doesn’t take a week to transfer money, but minutes! That’s their slogan and it’s the truth. And that an office doesn’t have enough funds to pay out is very strange and unusual. Right is... See more
I would be careful with iKobo, so far I was not able to figure out if this is real or not. Western Union, on the contrary, is a well known, established company with excellent services around the world (although they were not able so far to translate their website into any other language than American). It doesn’t take a week to transfer money, but minutes! That’s their slogan and it’s the truth. And that an office doesn’t have enough funds to pay out is very strange and unusual. Right is, they charge more than banks, but it’s the preferred way for Latin Americans to send their money home from the "promised land" (USA, that is) and the last G8-summit (I think it was G8) even talked about the necessity to lower these fees. The next WU office should not be too far from your home (if you don't live in Antarctica), so you can check out the actual rate there. Anyway, I would suggest WU if you are in a hurry and the good old bank transfer if you are looking for the cheaper way.

Stefan
Collapse

power
power
English
TOPIC STARTER
re Jul 2, 2004

I have used Ikobo to transfer money at 13 June. My friend have recieved I-kard 3 days later and he withdrawed the fund at a visa ATM machine beside his home. He is very like the I-kard. He said it is very convenient.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer money?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »