Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Off topic: How to transfer money?
Thread poster: power
power
English
May 26, 2004

I will transfer money to a friend in USA each month from now on. Is there an instant and convenient way to do this.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:43
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... May 26, 2004

I'm afraid it's close to impossible to answer the question without more information.

First of all, your profile is empty, and doesn't even specify your country of residence. But more details are required:

- Where do you live?
- Where do you have your bank account? Is this with a major bank?
- Do you have a credit card?
- Does your friend have a bank account? If yes, with a major bank or with a smaller institution?

Thanks in advance, Ralf

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
How about using the services of a bank???? May 26, 2004

power wrote:

I will transfer money to a friend in USA each month from now on. Is there an instant and convenient way to do this.

[Edited at 2004-05-26 06:50]

Horst2  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Check out and verify May 26, 2004

I admire the willingness of Ralf to help, but I think Steffen is perfectly right: you should check with your local/regular bank what they can offer or propose. If you think their proposal is not ok, then you should present your case and we will discuss it.
Good luck,
Horst2

alexandra123
English to Spanish
+ ...
I can also suggest another option May 27, 2004

power wrote:

I don't know where you live, but I do know that wherever you live you can probably sent moeny over a bank transfer. If that is not possible then you can youse some of the money wiring services such as "Western Union" or "Moneygram" and I am sure there are more money wire companies like them. These of course charge a fee fot the transfer, the bank aldo soes but I think the bank is probably cheaper. It probably is slower too.

But in any case, just to be on the safe side, I would ask at your local bank first. Not all banks and not all countries have a transfer system that works between two different banks. They only transfer within their own agency. (I know that because I live in one of those countries and I have to send money every month to out neigboring country. I have ben left with using the services of a money wireing company). But you will never know what kinds of transfers they do until you ask. And like I said, if the bank does not work then try to find a monye wire system.

HTH
Alexandra

power
English
TOPIC STARTER
how about western union? Jun 2, 2004

Transfer money via bank will cost several days. How about western union? How quick transter money via western union? how much does western union charge for?

power
English
TOPIC STARTER
re how to transfer money Jun 5, 2004

I have visited Ikobo. It seemes good according to its advertisement. But is it secure? I have visited the website of westernunion too. But I can not find more information regarding its rate and transfer speed. Can anyone tell me?

power
English
TOPIC STARTER
How to transfer money? Jun 9, 2004

Zaphael wrote:

power wrote:

I have visited Ikobo. It seemes good according to its advertisement. But is it secure? I have visited the website of westernunion too. But I can not find more information regarding its rate and transfer speed. Can anyone tell me?

Regarding ikobo\'s safety, apart from the fact that I\'ve used them for a while now and never experienced any kind of problems, they also have their funds FDIC insured as well as being partners with Bank of America and Sun Trust I believe. So I suppose it\'s as safe as it can be, and the transfer takes place is a matter of seconds.
Regarding Western Union, their transfer fees are quite steep and the speed isn\'t that good either. It could take up to a week or so for the money to arrive.

Western Union would take up a week for money transfer. I think I can\'t bear it. Maybe Ikobo is a better choice. BTW,Can my fund be exchanged into USD automatically?

power
English
TOPIC STARTER
how to transfer money Jun 11, 2004

Jake255
Thanks. If I transfer money to mine friend first time, How long will he recieved I-kard?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to transfer money?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs