Mobile menu

INPS Italy
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2004

I have been passed a bill from Italy (to me resident in Spain) with 4% INPS added onto it.

First of all, I don't know what INPS is, second of all, I don't understand why it has to be charged for an overseas client. thirdly I don't want any adminsitrative hassle....

What's the story with INPS and overseas clients?

Direct link Reply with quote

langnet  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
INPS = Istituto Nazionale di Previdenza Sociale Jun 13, 2004

Dear Ailish,

INPS is the National Insurance Institute of Italy. As a freelancer, you can, but don'have to, add a 4% quota to your invoice that is called "rivalsa INPS".
According to Italian law the "INPS compensation quota" is also applicable to invoices made out to customers residing in UE member states (don't know about non-member countries).

As I said, you can charge 4% INPS, but you don't have to. In your case the vendor should have pointed out to you that s/he would have added this "extra quota" to their bill before invoicing you for his/her services.

HTH a bit!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INPS Italy

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs