Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2004

I have been passed a bill from Italy (to me resident in Spain) with 4% INPS added onto it.

First of all, I don't know what INPS is, second of all, I don't understand why it has to be charged for an overseas client. thirdly I don't want any adminsitrative hassle....

What's the story with INPS and overseas clients?

langnet
langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:14
Italian to German
+ ...
INPS = Istituto Nazionale di Previdenza Sociale Jun 13, 2004

Dear Ailish,

INPS is the National Insurance Institute of Italy. As a freelancer, you can, but don'have to, add a 4% quota to your invoice that is called "rivalsa INPS".
According to Italian law the "INPS compensation quota" is also applicable to invoices made out to customers residing in UE member states (don't know about non-member countries).

As I said, you can charge 4% INPS, but you don't have to. In your case the vendor should have pointed out to you that s/h
... See more
Dear Ailish,

INPS is the National Insurance Institute of Italy. As a freelancer, you can, but don'have to, add a 4% quota to your invoice that is called "rivalsa INPS".
According to Italian law the "INPS compensation quota" is also applicable to invoices made out to customers residing in UE member states (don't know about non-member countries).

As I said, you can charge 4% INPS, but you don't have to. In your case the vendor should have pointed out to you that s/he would have added this "extra quota" to their bill before invoicing you for his/her services.

HTH a bit!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INPS Italy

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »