Omar Ali
Omar Ali  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:54
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 1, 2004

Hi there,
I have worked for a guy in India. After finishing my work, he told me to send him a soft copy of the invoice so that he can send me my money. Actually I do not know how to do this as it is the first time to deal with a guy outside my homeland. your fast resopnse is quiet useful.

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
I assume he means by email Jul 1, 2004

since hardcopy is on paper, I assume he refers to sending the invoice by email, which is usual practice nowadays

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
as an email attachment Jul 1, 2004

Just prepare an invoice, and email it to client as an attachment. This is standard procedure in many countries, certainly in the U.S.

Soft Copy

A document created and saved on computer media rather than paper. The transmission of 'soft copy' files between parties is now common place; especially since a de-facto standard has emerged for desktop tools such as Word
... See more
Just prepare an invoice, and email it to client as an attachment. This is standard procedure in many countries, certainly in the U.S.

Soft Copy

A document created and saved on computer media rather than paper. The transmission of 'soft copy' files between parties is now common place; especially since a de-facto standard has emerged for desktop tools such as Word Processor and Spread Sheet.
http://www.yourwindow.to/information-security/gl_softcopy.htm

Cheers,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com
Collapse

nuvo
nuvo
Indonesia
Local time: 04:54
English to Indonesian
+ ...
You can send it by email Jul 1, 2004

Yes, it is a common practice now to send the invoice by email as an attachment. I, myself, have done it for several times. And it seems okay.

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
E-mail - Except for travel expenses. Jul 1, 2004

I always e-mail invoices except when I have done some interpreting and they need the original receipts for the travel expenses, although there is an agency that accepts scanned receipts....
Good luck.

Andreas Yan
Andreas Yan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
Where to get the invoice? Jul 1, 2004

Jesus Marin wrote:

I always e-mail invoices except when I have done some interpreting and they need the original receipts for the travel expenses, although there is an agency that accepts scanned receipts....
Good luck.

Yes,you're right.
However,where could I get the invoice so that I could save it on my computer? I also face this particular problem for quite a long time.
Could you please give me a sample of the invoice that freelancers used in their business?
Many thanks in advance.

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:54
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
examples Jul 1, 2004

The Microsoft resources page has some examples of invoices you can adapt to your own needs.

Take a look at the Microsoft site. I don't have the web address to hand for the resources website, but look around and it shouldn't be too hard to find.

UPDATE: Here it is: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx

[Edited at 2004-07-01 10:41]

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:54
Dutch to English
+ ...
Shouldn't you also send them a signed invoice? Jul 1, 2004

Hello Omar,

Please check with your client if you should not ALSO send them a signed hardcopy by mail. I remember that I always needed to do that for my clients in India.

If 'yes' then I would first send them my invoice as an email attachment and then snailmail them the same invoice signed as a hard copy. One of the Project Managers once told me that they needed to have the orginial signed copy for their administration/tax purposes. I cannot remember exactly what the
... See more
Hello Omar,

Please check with your client if you should not ALSO send them a signed hardcopy by mail. I remember that I always needed to do that for my clients in India.

If 'yes' then I would first send them my invoice as an email attachment and then snailmail them the same invoice signed as a hard copy. One of the Project Managers once told me that they needed to have the orginial signed copy for their administration/tax purposes. I cannot remember exactly what the reason was.

He said that they also could not accept scanned invoices, but that may be because they did not have the ability to received scanned docs.

So you might want to check if you need to do the same.

Good luck!

Lucinda
Collapse

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:54
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
And... Jul 1, 2004

do not forget to send it in .pdf format, especially if you include your signature.

Good luck!
Andrea

Omar Ali
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 1, 2004

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

since hardcopy is on paper, I assume he refers to sending the invoice by email, which is usual practice nowadays

Omar Ali
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 1, 2004

Jeremy Smith wrote:

The Microsoft resources page has some examples of invoices you can adapt to your own needs.

Take a look at the Microsoft site. I don't have the web address to hand for the resources website, but look around and it shouldn't be too hard to find.

UPDATE: Here it is: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx

[Edited at 2004-07-01 10:41]

Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Absolutely! Jul 1, 2004

Andrea Ali wrote:

do not forget to send it in .pdf format, especially if you include your signature.

Good luck!
Andrea

That's how I do it...so that the document is not altered.

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Protect document Jul 1, 2004

function can be used, too, in .doc and .xls invoices

sormane wrote:

Andrea Ali wrote:

Good luck!
Andrea

That's how I do it...so that the document is not altered.

Bryan Crumpler
Bryan Crumpler  Identity Verified
United States
Dutch to English
+ ...
Use PayPal's Invoicing Feature Jul 2, 2004

Hi Omar,

If you are a member of PayPal, you can use their new free Invoicing feature, which will automatically create a template to bill a client by E-mail. Invoicing by email is considered a soft-copy of the invoice as previous members have mentioned.

Once you have created and submitted the invoice to the client from PayPal's website (www.paypal.com), you can then print this invoice out,
... See more
Hi Omar,

If you are a member of PayPal, you can use their new free Invoicing feature, which will automatically create a template to bill a client by E-mail. Invoicing by email is considered a soft-copy of the invoice as previous members have mentioned.

Once you have created and submitted the invoice to the client from PayPal's website (www.paypal.com), you can then print this invoice out, and mail/fax the hard copy if you wish. It's really simple, and PayPal will keep track of all your invoices in your account if there is ever a discrepancy as to clients claiming you never invoiced them. PayPal will send you and your client records of everything by email, so you won't have to worry about keeping track of a lot of paperwork either. I normally print out everything and file it away just to be sure.

Bryan

http://www.whosthatguy.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I send a soft copy of invoice

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »