https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/22678-ikobo_again_asked_two_of_my_customers_to_use_it_both_refused_too_much_hassle.html

iKobo Again - asked two of my customers to use it. Both refused. Too much hassle?
Thread poster: Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Colombia
Local time: 10:46
English to Spanish
Jul 7, 2004

Hello to all.

I've asked two of my customers to send payment to my newly-opened iKobo account. Both refused.

I checked the site and couldn't find a straight FAQ on what is involved.

Is it too much of a hassle?

Do the ones sending payment need to open yet another account and disclose information?

Thanks in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-07-07 16:28]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-
... See more
Hello to all.

I've asked two of my customers to send payment to my newly-opened iKobo account. Both refused.

I checked the site and couldn't find a straight FAQ on what is involved.

Is it too much of a hassle?

Do the ones sending payment need to open yet another account and disclose information?

Thanks in advance.

Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:46
Czech to German
+ ...
Not much... Jul 7, 2004

Pablo Roufogalis wrote:

Hi Pablo,

as far as I can see (on http://ikobo.com/send_money.php#) they have to disclose their credit card-number (on a secure website) and their mail-address for the log-in. But maybe for some people this is too much...

Good luck!

Charlotte

PS: Did you tell those clients that the first time they send money (up to USD 200) it is free?

Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Colombia
Local time: 10:46
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 7, 2004

Thanks for the link, Charlotte.

It seems easy and safe enough.

I guess I'll have to do some sales efforts.

Thanks again and regards.

Márcio Badra
Márcio Badra  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:46
Member (2023)
English to Portuguese
Ikobo payments should be funded with a credit card Jul 8, 2004

As far as I know, the only way to fund an Ikobo transfer is with a credit card. If the company does not have a corporate card, it would be quite difficult to account for the payment - they would need to pay a 3rd party that would then send the transfer using his/her personal CC. Even if the company has a corporate card, many banks consider those transfers as cash advances and many corporate cards are not allowed to take cash advances - and even if they are, no company is willing to pay the finan... See more
As far as I know, the only way to fund an Ikobo transfer is with a credit card. If the company does not have a corporate card, it would be quite difficult to account for the payment - they would need to pay a 3rd party that would then send the transfer using his/her personal CC. Even if the company has a corporate card, many banks consider those transfers as cash advances and many corporate cards are not allowed to take cash advances - and even if they are, no company is willing to pay the financial charges associated with them. Ikobo will become a feasible vehicle only when they deploy their "mass payment" feature - the company will then be able to send Ikobo a list of payments and send a single check to fund all of them at once.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iKobo Again - asked two of my customers to use it. Both refused. Too much hassle?

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »