Mobile menu

Agency rates in West and East Germany for Ger-Eng / Eng-Ger translations - levelling off?
Thread poster: Krokodil
Local time: 15:49
German to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2004

I’d be interested to know whether there has been any levelling off over the years in the rates paid by West and East German agencies to translators of technical, commercial and legal texts (German-English and English-German).

I haven't really followed this in any detail, but I believe that directly after reunification rates in East Germany were pretty awful but that they have risen in the course of time to something like Western levels. Does anyone know - based on either personal experience or what they have heard from others - whether there are still any significant differences?

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Both sides know the rates.. Jul 8, 2004

but I do have the impression that eastern or eastern managed agencies offer less, maintaining their accustomed scales.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency rates in West and East Germany for Ger-Eng / Eng-Ger translations - levelling off?

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs