Mobile menu

Agency rates in West and East Germany for Ger-Eng / Eng-Ger translations - levelling off?
Thread poster: Krokodil
Krokodil
Germany
Local time: 18:26
German to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2004

I’d be interested to know whether there has been any levelling off over the years in the rates paid by West and East German agencies to translators of technical, commercial and legal texts (German-English and English-German).

I haven't really followed this in any detail, but I believe that directly after reunification rates in East Germany were pretty awful but that they have risen in the course of time to something like Western levels. Does anyone know - based on either personal experience or what they have heard from others - whether there are still any significant differences?

Thanks,

Croc

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Both sides know the rates.. Jul 8, 2004

but I do have the impression that eastern or eastern managed agencies offer less, maintaining their accustomed scales.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency rates in West and East Germany for Ger-Eng / Eng-Ger translations - levelling off?

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs