How much to charge for interview+translation job
Thread poster: Derringdo
Derringdo
Derringdo  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Jul 8, 2004

Has anyone done interviews over the phone having to send a translated report afterwards?

How much should I charge? Should I include telephone costs in a per interview price or should it be counted seperately?

Thanks

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Per minute price for the interview and the word rate for translation Jul 9, 2004

In both case have minimum billing conditions. For example in the telephone interview, per minute price subject to a minimum billing for say 10 minutes. In the case of the written translation, minimum billing may be for say 200 words.

Good luck.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:17
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Interpreting rates Jul 9, 2004

Hello

I had to do that, interviewing people from France, a qualitative survey, and I was paid for the time passed at the phone + the time passed to write the report + the time for translating the survey (this one was based on word count). I added to all that the price for the phone calls, that also proved how long I had been on the phone.

Interpreting rates usually are local ones, it depends on the fact whether the client is local or not.

Good luck
<
... See more
Hello

I had to do that, interviewing people from France, a qualitative survey, and I was paid for the time passed at the phone + the time passed to write the report + the time for translating the survey (this one was based on word count). I added to all that the price for the phone calls, that also proved how long I had been on the phone.

Interpreting rates usually are local ones, it depends on the fact whether the client is local or not.

Good luck

Claudia
Collapse

Derringdo
Derringdo  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 10, 2004

Thanks for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much to charge for interview+translation job

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »