Mobile menu

payments to Slovenia
Thread poster: brizitka
English to Slovenian
Jul 10, 2004

I'm new to 'international' translating and i have a question. How can be payments done to Slovenia? Paypal doesn't include Slovenia on its list. In what other ways could clients pay me my services?
Thank you and have a nice day,

Direct link Reply with quote

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:59
Partial member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Moneybookers Jul 11, 2004

Try, I'm from Iran and like you case, Iran is not included in Paypal's list of countires.

I've been using moneybookers for some months now and never had a problem, although their system didn't approve my local bank at first but after a few emails to their support department, the issue was resolved and it's working perfectly now.

English to Slovenian
payments to Slovenia Jul 11, 2004

Thaks for your advice, but are there other ways of payments (cheques, etc.) and when to send the invoice to the client etc.

Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
English to Croatian
+ ...
Hi brizitka! Jul 11, 2004

There are several ways of receiving payment from your Clients:

1. Bank transfer to your bank account (you need a bank account for this, obviously)
2. Cheque- which the Client mails to your address and then you cash them in your Bank (you also need a bank account for this, I believe)
3. Western Union-- I have used this option and it works fine, your post office should be able to give you more info
4. As already mentioned, Moneybookers-- never used it myself, but I've heard this works

As for invoicing-- you invoice after you have finished the translation and sent it to your Client. You also need to ask your Client about their payment practices (how long will you have to wait for your payment and what form of payment is acceptable for them).

If you have more questions, you can email directly to my address and I'll try to help more.

Best of luck!

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:59
Flemish to English
+ ...
IBAN and BIC Jul 11, 2004

Now that Slovania is a member of the EU, the same rules for money transfer apply: If you mention your IBAN and BIC number to your customer, a normal transfer from the customer's bank to your bank should be possible free of charge.
You should find your IBAN and BIC on your bank-statements.

English to Slovenian
thanks Jul 11, 2004

Thank you all for your help.
Have a nice Sunday.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

payments to Slovenia

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs