Mobile menu

No payment for overdue invoices, can I ask for total payment now?
Thread poster: Günter Dannhauer

Günter Dannhauer
Australia
Local time: 07:37
English to German
+ ...
Jul 26, 2004

Good morning everybody,

just a sort question. I have worked for an agency in Belgium and not received any payment.

Six invoices are overdue now, up to 4 months. Two more invoices will become due in about two weeks. Two weeks ago they promised to pay, however, I got nothing.

I want to send the a final demand for payment today, and pass it to a debt collector if they haven't payed within 3 days.

My question now: Is it reasonable to extend this final demand for payment to ALL of my invoices though two of them will only be due in about two weeks?

That would save me going through the whole procedue again in August.

I know from other companies that once your payments are overdue, all outstanding amounts get due immediately.

Would it be alright then if I ask today for payment of all outstanding amounts (around 3000 EU)?

Thanks
Günter

Direct link Reply with quote

Günter Dannhauer
Australia
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 26, 2004

Thanks very much,Tayfun

I have just sent I final demand for the total amount. I will see if it works. I realised the invoices not due yet are only a small fraction of the total so it would not matter too much if they don't accept it. (Just hope they don't read this

Best regards,
Günter

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
BlueBoard rating Jul 26, 2004

Hi Günter,
Please don't forget to enter a rating for that outsourcer on the ProZ.com BlueBoard.

Thanks, Ralf

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
Blueboard and the staff Jul 26, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Günter,
Please don't forget to enter a rating for that outsourcer on the ProZ.com BlueBoard.

Thanks, Ralf
Hi! What can be done, if the staff removes the rating by mistake!!, and doesn´t repost it even after restructuring, truncating a lengthy rating etc.,
Rgds,
Brandis

[Edited at 2004-07-26 16:25]

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:37
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
To be reasonable Jul 26, 2004

First of all, Gunter, with all due respect, I think you should have refused to do any further work after the first 3 invoices were overdue.

But now that you've let it go on this long, if you send them a final invoice for the total outstanding amount, I think to be reasonable you would have to give them the same time to pay as you normally would 30 days?). Considering that the last two invoices are not really overdue yet, 3 days seems unreasonable. Your chances of getting paid may be better if you don't push that hard.

DO enter this into the Blue Book.

Good luck, I hope you will get your money.

Gunter Dannhauer wrote:

Good morning everybody,

just a sort question. I have worked for an agency in Belgium and not received any payment.

Six invoices are overdue now, up to 4 months. Two more invoices will become due in about two weeks. Two weeks ago they promised to pay, however, I got nothing.

I want to send the a final demand for payment today, and pass it to a debt collector if they haven't payed within 3 days.

My question now: Is it reasonable to extend this final demand for payment to ALL of my invoices though two of them will only be due in about two weeks?

That would save me going through the whole procedue again in August.

I know from other companies that once your payments are overdue, all outstanding amounts get due immediately.

Would it be alright then if I ask today for payment of all outstanding amounts (around 3000 EU)?

Thanks
Günter

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 01:37
SITE FOUNDER
I will contact you privately, Brandis Jul 26, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Ralf wrote:

Hi! What can be done, if the staff removes the rating by mistake!!, and doesn´t repost it even after restructuring, truncating a lengthy rating etc.,

I am contacting you directly regarding this incident.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No payment for overdue invoices, can I ask for total payment now?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs