Mobile menu

abusive rates and conditions, how do they get away with it?
Thread poster: elere
elere  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:55
English to Spanish
Jul 26, 2004

Dear colleagues: I know, this is not new, but it happens again and agai; I keep reading job offers with abusive conditions at use of cat tools, be willing to work at weekends, all for 0.05$,(so, less in euros); how do these agencies, middlepeople or whatever they are, get away with it? Does have any responsibility? I know, you don't have to take it if you don't like it, but there are regulations, price standards and all that, maybe because is in the net they do not apply? Sorry if this is a boring subject, I am just amazed that there seems to be no way out of it.

Direct link

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
Interesting topic, yes, but discussed before Jul 26, 2004

Hi 'elere',

This topic has indeed been discussed umpty times before.

May I suggest you enter e.g. 'low rates' at
and have a look at the postings there?

Have a nice day,

Evert Deloof-Sys

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

abusive rates and conditions, how do they get away with it?

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs