Reporting bad experiences with agencies outside Blue Board
Thread poster: Eno Damo
Eno Damo  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:05
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

Hi,

I would like to report my bad experience with a US agency, but I am not a Platinium member and I can't access the Blue Board. Is it any other way that I can do it here on Proz? What about other lists, where I can report this fradulent agency, so nobody will ever work for them in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Eno Damo

Direct link Reply with quote

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:05
English to Turkish
Still make an entry in the BB Jul 29, 2004

for the good of all of us You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz to make an agency entry in the Blue Board - to the best of my knowledge.

There is also the Payment Practices list where you can subscribe at http://www.trwenterprises.com

Hope this helps

Gitte Gifford
English to Danish
+ ...
Free boards Jul 29, 2004

"You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz", yes you do:)
But there are other free boards dealing with that.

Try TranslationDirectory.com, and Payment Practices and Zahlung Praxis on Yahoo + Transpayment.

Lorena Becker
Local time: 05:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can post a comment on BB Jul 29, 2004

Hi Eno,
Although you are not a Platinum Member, you can post a comment about such agency. What you cannot do (if you are not a platinum member) is to view other people's comments.
Regards,
Lorena

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't forget to write to a job moderator Jul 30, 2004

This is what the policy says:

5. I am not a Platinum Member...can I still see ratings?

Yes. Login and click on the name of the client you wish to review. You will be prompted to make a payment of browniz or cash.

But you can join other review lists: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pp_dist/

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Clarifying BlueBoard issues Jul 30, 2004

A few statements about the BlueBoard were made in this thread, which I'd like to comment on; also, I'm moving the thread to ProZ.com Job Systems.

On a general note, please have a look at the BB FAQ - most queries are answered there.

Eno Damo wrote:

Hi,

I would like to report my bad experience with a US agency, but I am not a Platinium member and I can't access the Blue Board.

Of course you can - rating is free, and access to other people's ratings is also possible for non-Platinum members, either by 'paying' BrowniZ or against cash. In this context, you may want to consider Platinum membership as a season ticket to the BlueBoard - non-Platinum members need to get a single ticket each time. (Note that once you have 'bought a ticket' for a particular outsourcer, you can come back without paying again.)

Gitte Hoejland wrote:

"You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz", yes you do

Er, no - Xola's comment referred to entering a rating, which is free.

lorebecker wrote:
What you cannot do (if you are not a platinum member) is to view other people's comments.

You can, but against payment.

Hope this clarifies a few things.
Best regards, Ralf

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reporting bad experiences with agencies outside Blue Board

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs