https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/23809-moscow_remote_translation_job_salary_advice_please.html

Moscow remote translation job, salary advice please
Thread poster: Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:06
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2004

Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator from Russian into English by a large Russian company. The texts are mostly PR related with some metallurgy also involved. The workload is 10 pages per day 5 days a week + some urgent one-off translations. I am bi-lingual in the two languages, have around 2-2.5 years experience generally and about a year in the field.

I have a number of questions..
First of all I have no idea how much I can expect to be pa
... See more
Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator from Russian into English by a large Russian company. The texts are mostly PR related with some metallurgy also involved. The workload is 10 pages per day 5 days a week + some urgent one-off translations. I am bi-lingual in the two languages, have around 2-2.5 years experience generally and about a year in the field.

I have a number of questions..
First of all I have no idea how much I can expect to be paid and therefore how much I should ask for - I have always worked freelance.
Secondly, I have no idea how I should ask to be paid - per word, per page, per symbol, per month...Given the fact that its full time, I was thinking maybe a monthly salary + per page/word for urgent translations?

Finally, any advice on how to get my salary from Moscow to me in the UK at the lowest cost would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

kire (X)
kire (X)
Russian to English
+ ...
Russian Forum Aug 13, 2004

Kostya (I hope you don't mind this nickname, but if you do, sorry, it's just that my brother was Kostya and I just love the name),
you might want to repeat your posting in the Russian forum, I'm sure you will get more responses.

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:06
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Aug 13, 2004

Thanks. As you can probably tell by my double post I\'m new to this website, i\'ll give it a shot.

Kostya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moscow remote translation job, salary advice please

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »