Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:55
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2004

Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator for a large Russian company based in Moscow. The job involves translating around 10 pages (1.5-2k symbols with spaces) of A4 per day + occasional one-off urgent jobs. I have 2-2.5 years of translation in the industry and the work is mostly the company’s PR issues.

I would be grateful for any advice regarding:

1. Potential salary and method of payment (per word, per page, per symbol, per month). I would like the job so I don't want to push my luck but I would also like to be paid appropriately for my work, which I consider to be of high quality.
2. Getting my salary from Russia to the UK, where I live, at minimum cost.
3. Any issues I haven’t thought about in relation to working for a Russian company from the UK.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remote job in a Russian company, salary advice

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs