Mobile menu

Is there a quick way of calculating the invoice using TRADOS or another software?
Thread poster: Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 18, 2004

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the issue of an invoice. I have several Trados Analysis for a particular client... is it a quick way of calculating the invoice using Trados or any other software?

What I mean is that I need to apply the X% for repetitions, fuzzy matches, etc.... in order to calcalute my invoice. I was wondering if there is a fast way of doing so?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-18 14:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translation Office 3000 Aug 18, 2004

I don't use this feature because I don't offer CAT discounts (but that's another story...).
Anyway, I've seen in TO3000 that there's a section where you can set this and the values for each % of repetitions/fuzziness.
Then the invoices are calculated automatically.
They have a 30 days' trial version, fully functional, if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
Grace.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:24
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Try this Aug 18, 2004

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the issue of an invoice. I have several Trados Analysis for a particular client... is it a quick way of calculating the invoice using Trados or any other software?

Try http://www.practiline.com/matchcalculator.htm .You can download this tool for free that can import Trados analysis files. It works like charm.

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 19, 2004

Many thanks Graciela and Ivan for your suggestions. I have downloaded Match Calculator and this software works very well for me. Many thanks!

Cecilia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a quick way of calculating the invoice using TRADOS or another software?

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs