https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/23930-is_there_a_quick_way_of_calculating_the_invoice_using_trados_or_another_software.html

Is there a quick way of calculating the invoice using TRADOS or another software?
Thread poster: Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation
Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation
Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 18, 2004

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the issue of an invoice. I have several Trados Analysis for a particular client... is it a quick way of calculating the invoice using Trados or any other software?

What I mean is that I need to apply the X% for repetitions, fuzzy matches, etc.... in order to calcalute my invoice. I was wondering if there is a fast way of doing so?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-18 14:47]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Translation Office 3000 Aug 18, 2004

I don't use this feature because I don't offer CAT discounts (but that's another story...).
Anyway, I've seen in TO3000 that there's a section where you can set this and the values for each % of repetitions/fuzziness.
Then the invoices are calculated automatically.
They have a 30 days' trial version, fully functional, if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
Grace.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 22:39
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Try this Aug 18, 2004

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the issue of an invoice. I have several Trados Analysis for a particular client... is it a quick way of calculating the invoice using Trados or any other software?

Try http://www.practiline.com/matchcalculator.htm .You can download this tool for free that can import Trados analysis files. It works like charm.

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation
Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 19, 2004

Many thanks Graciela and Ivan for your suggestions. I have downloaded Match Calculator and this software works very well for me. Many thanks!

Cecilia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a quick way of calculating the invoice using TRADOS or another software?

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »