Mobile menu

Best way to have money transfered from Canada to Germany?
Thread poster: Katharina Engelhard
Katharina Engelhard
Local time: 07:19
English to German
+ ...
Sep 13, 2004

Hi there,
I have a company in Canada I work for. We can't agree on a payment option. I've read quite a few articles about PayPal etc., but I'm still not sure what to do.
Can I actually open a PayPal account without having an account in the US (or CA for that matter)?
I'd like to have my money tranfered, but the Canadian bank charges CAD 35, which seems a bit expensive, since the amount I charged is quite small.

I'd be very greatful for some advice!

Thanks in advance.

Enka (Germany)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-09-14 00:13]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:19
English to Russian
+ ...
it's too much Sep 13, 2004

I live in Canada and have bank accounts here; it seems too much.. Recently i have received a transfer from Europe (in USD) and was charged by my (Canadian) bank 10 USD fee for that - and it seemed to be a flat fee for any bank transfers from abroad (I mean the amount had nothing to do with it).

Can it be (in your case) that the extra fee is somehow incurred by the company - your payee?

And, yes, i believe you can have PayPal account living in Germany. Only residents from several countries can not have PayPal accounts.

[Edited at 2004-09-13 21:29]

Local time: 07:19
English to German
Have you checked Moneybookers? Sep 14, 2004

It's easy and fast. Check their HP to see how it works. It's reliable in my experience.

Local time: 01:19
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

$35 is excessive Sep 14, 2004

I pay ten bucks too, Vladimir.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best way to have money transfered from Canada to Germany?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs