https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/24920-non_paying_client_in_germany.html

Non paying client in Germany
Thread poster: Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:47
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2004

Hi

Does anybody knows what is best to do in my case.
The payment for the translation was not received .
The client does not respond to my emails.
His telephone/ fax/ numbers are not answering.
It’s not a translation agency.My translation of this website appears on the Internet.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advise.

Thanks

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:47
English to German
+ ...
Mahnverfahren Sep 21, 2004

Hi Yolanta,
Foreign creditors can use the services of a court in Berlin to enter the legal process; use the forum search for 'Mahngericht'; this thread might also be useful.

Also, may I suggest to enter a BlueBoard rating, and contact the Jobs coordinators with details.

Best regards,
Ralf

Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Canada
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Yolanta,
Foreign creditors can use the services of a court in Berlin to enter the legal process; use the forum search for 'Mahngericht'; this thread might also be useful.

Also, may I suggest to enter a BlueBoard rating, and contact the Jobs coordinators with details.

Best regards,
Ralf

Thanks Ralf

This job was found in an other site for translators ,but they don't have Forum or Rating.
In this case I don't know if I can enter a BlueBoard rating.
I'm trying to translate Mahngericht,using a mashine translation:)-I can't find their site in an other language...

Cheers,
Yolanta

[Edited at 2004-09-21 11:02]

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You can enter a BB rating Sep 21, 2004

Hi again,
This job was found in an other site for translators ,but they don't have Forum or Rating.
In this case I don't know if I can enter a BlueBoard rating.

Of course you can - check the BB FAQfor conditions:

2. What are the conditions for entering a client review?

You may only enter reviews for clients with whom you have worked on a project or to whom you delivered a test translation. You may not enter reviews solely on the basis of negotations or other preliminary interactions.

If you have worked on a project with a client but were late or otherwise negligent in delivering work, you may not enter a rating for that client - particularly if quality problems were substantiated.

I'm trying to translate Mahngericht,using a mashine translation:)-I can't find their site in an other language...

In that case, you may need to find local assistance - you will need to fill out forms in German.

Best regards, Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
HI! Could you please contact me Sep 21, 2004

Yolanta Vlaykov wrote:

Hi

Does anybody knows what is best to do in my case.
The payment for the translation was not received .
The client does not respond to my emails.
His telephone/ fax/ numbers are not answering.
It’s not a translation agency.My translation of this website appears on the Internet.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advise.

Thanks

This could be someone I know.Rgds Brandis

Joanna Mimmack (X)
Joanna Mimmack (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
German to English
Zentrales mahngericht Berlin wedding/Schöneberg Sep 25, 2004

Sorry I've come to this thread rather late Yolanta. The website you need is:

http://www.berlin.de/SenJust/Gerichte/AG/mahnsachen/html

I will contact you directly with some tips I wrote on filling out the form for a colleague in case you don't understand German.

Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva
Canada
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What to do next ? Oct 20, 2004

Hi Ralf,
I found two others translators that did't get payment from the same client in Germany.One of them wrote to Mahnung-Online and received the following response
Dear Mr.....,

Thank you very much for your e-mail and interest in vielen Dank für Ihre Mail und Ihr Interesse an Mahnung-Online. We would like to help you further.

On review of your case we come to the following result:

Because the place of performance for payment of your service
... See more
Hi Ralf,
I found two others translators that did't get payment from the same client in Germany.One of them wrote to Mahnung-Online and received the following response
Dear Mr.....,

Thank you very much for your e-mail and interest in vielen Dank für Ihre Mail und Ihr Interesse an Mahnung-Online. We would like to help you further.

On review of your case we come to the following result:

Because the place of performance for payment of your service is in the Czech republic/Danemark,Bulgaria/, the debts recovery process must be initiated there.

Only if it was agreed an German place of court with the debtor in general commercial terms, then the recovery legal process could be applied in Germany. Then each creditor would have to initiate the process agains the debtor separately.

However in the existing situation, the process in Germany is not possible.

Unfortunately, we ourself cannot be engaged in your matter within the Czech.

Petra Steude, lawyer

We personally have agreed no general commercial terms with the client, we have only the order in .pdf format.
What is your opinion to do now?

Iolanta

-
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Get in touch with a collection agency that's active globally Oct 20, 2004

Hi Yolanta,
Sorry to hear it - based on your original posting, I had assumed that legal venue was in Germany.

The only suggestion I have is to use the services of one of the larger collection agencies, who may have a presence in the target country.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non paying client in Germany

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »