Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Who has experience with Money Bookers?
Thread poster: MandyT
MandyT  Identity Verified
English to German
Oct 20, 2004

Hi

Chance was so kind as to point out Money Bookers to me in this forum. Have any other translators got experience with this service? Is it easy to use, reliable…

Look forward to hearing more about it.

Thanks

Mandy

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:28
English to German
+ ...
Search the forums Oct 20, 2004

Hi Mandy,
This issue has been discussed on several occasions before - may I suggest you use the Search function on the left, using "Moneybookers" as a search criterion?

Thanks, Ralf

Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:28
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Reliable Oct 20, 2004

Hi Dydy,

I regularly receive money through it from my main client.

Never had a single minor problem with it.

Regards,
Jose B. Ruivo

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
When you are patient Oct 20, 2004

Recently I waited 14 days for a transfer to my bank account. I have received payments many times before through MB, but recently they seem to have experienced som problems transfering money. And since their slogan is "And money moves", I would say "And money moves slowly"...

Good luck

PS It seems like you do eventually get the transfers, but after waiting 30, 40 or more days for your customer to pay, 14 extra days is not what you are hoping for...

Anna Hellgren Farren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
French to Swedish
+ ...
Mixed views on Moneybookers Oct 20, 2004

One of my clients recently suggested paying his freelance translators, including myself, via Moneybookers. Setting up an account with Moneybookers proved very easy and when I called their customer services to ask them to clarify a point, their help was rapid, friendly and professional.

My last invoice to this client was paid via Moneybookers. I had the money in my MB account the same day I received my client's notification, and it took me 5 days to transfer my funds into my French bank account.

As late as today, I received an email from the same client where he points out that nearly all of his freelance translators based in Sweden had not been able to move their funds from their MB accounts to their bank accounts. He also mentioned that MB had been extremely slow in replying when being contacted and just kept apologising and citing problems with their banking connections and software etc.

It seems that some people are very pleased with Moneybookers' services, whereas others are not receiving any, or at least insufficient, service.

I don't know if this information is any helpful, but the more people who have something to say about MB, the better we can see exactly where their services fail.

Regards,
Anna

[Edited at 2004-10-20 23:28]

Iolanta Vlaykova Paneva  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:28
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Bad experience with Moneybookers Oct 22, 2004

I had bad experience with them.
After proving all my bank account details,I received a notification that the transfer has been returned by the bank.I did it with a second bank account,and the same happened ?!
After all I was unable to transfer my funds and every time has been charged a comission for the transfer.
Fortunately the amount is small.I would never use them again,for me it didn't work.

Cheers,
Iolanta

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:28
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Have used Moneybookers Oct 22, 2004

several times and no problem with them. Problem is with our bank, though- this is supposed to be very costless, but our bank in Latvia subtracts about EUR 10 for each incoming payments. Also, Moneybookers site says, that transfers to Latvia can be made only in Lats, not EUR or $. So maybe it is them who gets this difference for converting at God knows what rates... Anyway, EUR 10 never had seemed to me a sum worth inquiring and service as such is much preferable to cheques.

Uldis

Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 17:28
English to Danish
+ ...
Their customer service is non-responsive and idle Oct 23, 2004

I recently agreed to get paid through Moneybookers, and I have to say the process has not been smooth at all. I took me a couple of months from having agreed to get paid this way until I actually received the bank transfer. Here is my experience in details:
First their system for verifying bank accounts (dummy payment)is not in place as claimed on their website, so I had to scan/fax documentation to get verified. Ok, but then I had to send it twice, as there was no reaction the first time.
Then my client experienced a whole lot of problems too, causing the payment to get delayed, for which he is actually forgiven, considering the extremely bad customer service. We all trusted this to be a good idea.
When I finally got paid, I withdrew my funds immediately and expected to see them in my bank account after 3-5 as they promise.
After a week nothing had happened, so I rang their customer service and got some guy with broken Englishm who also mumbled causing a minor communication breakdown. So I rang again and got a girl, who could not explain why my funds had not been transferred, but promised to send an e-mail to their finance dept (had not heard of phoning to solve matter swiftly). I suspected the problem was due to their system not asking for an IBAN number when registering an Irish bank account which I pointed out to the girl. So I e-mailed this information to them just in case (I was right).
As expected I did not hear back from them and had to phone again - got the guy with poor English again. "No they did not have my details" came the reply (despite of all the e-mails I had sent containing this information). I decided that the only way I could get this rather large amount which was stuck in cyberspace - was through harassment. So I decided to bombard them with e-mails and phone calls and finally they sent an e-mail that my funds had now been transferred followed by a vague apology.

It seems to me that they only have two people employed in customer service and I basically had to solve the problem myself.

MandyT  Identity Verified
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your views Oct 24, 2004

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to everyone for sharing your experience with Moneybookers. I'm a bit worried now, whether this is such a good idea. Maybe I should do a small test transfer to see whether payment actually reaches my bank account before transferring larger amounts...

Thanks

Mandy

Anna Hellgren Farren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
French to Swedish
+ ...
Moneybookers - still working for me... Oct 29, 2004

I had my second invoice paid into Moneybookers this month, and I experienced no problems whatsoever in transferring my funds from my MB account into my private bank account. It took 5 days again.

I do hope they'll sort out their problems and improve their services in some coutries, because when it does work, it's so handy!

Good luck in the future!

Anna

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Indeed ...:( Oct 29, 2004

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad wrote:

Recently I waited 14 days for a transfer to my bank account. I have received payments many times before through MB, but recently they seem to have experienced som problems transfering money. And since their slogan is "And money moves", I would say "And money moves slowly"...

Good luck

PS It seems like you do eventually get the transfers, but after waiting 30, 40 or more days for your customer to pay, 14 extra days is not what you are hoping for...

Today is the 24th day of me waiting for the transfer to my bank account...
No reply to support request, either.

I'm afraid it's a last time I use them.

Magda

Daniele Martoglio  Identity Verified
Polish to Italian
+ ...
What's happened Magda? Oct 30, 2004

I founded some old forums where you wrote:

"...moneybookers...Ja te¿ jestem bardzo zadowolona z tego systemu - szybki, sprawny i tani."

This are your sentence on May 28.

What's happened? I ask because i look around
to decide if use or not use.. I'm italian, but living
in Poland..

thanks..

Daniele

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I wonder myself what's happened... Oct 30, 2004

Daniele Martoglio wrote:

I founded some old forums where you wrote:

"...moneybookers...Ja te¿ jestem bardzo zadowolona z tego systemu - szybki, sprawny i tani."

This are your sentence on May 28.

What's happened? I ask because i look around
to decide if use or not use.. I'm italian, but living
in Poland..

thanks..

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Indeed, I was a happy user for more then a year. I made several withdrawals to my bank account in Poland and it didn't take longer then a few days. However, last transfer - made on October 5th hasn't arrived yet! I got a reply from the support request - they say everything was processed Ok and they will look into the details again....
I don't doubt that the money WILL arrive eventually, but obviously it sudenly takes MUCH, MUCH longer then before. I made this transfer as a test, actually, because a few collegues complained that they waited so long. Unfortunatley, my checking proves this fact.

HTh
Magda

PS For those of you who don't read Polish - I said on Polish forum in May (and Daniele is quoting this in his post) that I'm satisfied with MB system which is fast, efficient and not expensive...:)

[Edited at 2004-10-30 22:01]

Ivan Novoselov  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
They are very slow Oct 31, 2004

The money have arrived into my moneybookers account more than a month ago and I still can't withdraw them. The verification procedure is just terrible. The bank account verification feature doesn't work. When I tried to use credit card for verification, it didn't work. When I sent them scanned ID they asked for a utility bill...

Well, now I have sent them the utility bill and I hope they will finally let me withdraw my money next week.

On the average it takes them about 5-7 days (or more) to respond to an email. The best method to get a response is to email several times.

xxxHirschmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
No problems at all Nov 26, 2004

I have recently received money from the UK through Moneybookers and transferred the money to my bank account in Germany within 2 days.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who has experience with Money Bookers?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs