Mobile menu

Paypal gateway for payments to India
Thread poster: Craft.Content
Local time: 22:42
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 8, 2004

Hi all,

I have been trying to sign up with PayPal; but apparently their services do not extend to India.

Their software asks for credit card verification. My MAESTRO international debit-cum-ATM card is not acceptable, too. If I do go in for a regular VISA or MASTERCARD, my question is - having verified my credentials, will PayPal be able to transfer payments from my Paypal account to my regular Indian bank account? All they would require is my bank's SWIFT code, I believe.

Any experiences from fellow translators in connecting to Paypal from India? Emails to paypal on this matter have not yielded any response, thus far.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal gateway for payments to India

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs