Mobile menu

Translating books
Thread poster: e2f

e2f  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:54
English to French
Dec 12, 2004

I am specialized in technical translations and I don't have too much difficulty finding projects, but I would like to get some literary jobs from time to time, with large delays and no expectation of big bucks whatsoever. The objectives would be to have some fun and work on my style.

The thing is, I have no idea how to get this type of work! Would you have any advice about how to start in this area?

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Ciprian Dumea  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
English to Romanian
+ ...
contact publishing houses Dec 12, 2004

You might try contacting publishing houses. Send them a resume and a cover letter, explaining them your wish. If they are interested, they should send you a test - et voilà.

Christmas is coming - you might well earn a suitable present.

Best wishes,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating books

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs