Off topic: Job with low rates
Thread poster: xxxpucoug
xxxpucoug  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:36
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 22, 2004

Hello,

I know we have discussed many times about minimum rates for translations. I bet you guys have never seen anything like this before:

http://www.proz.com/job/68372

US$ 0.006/word! And its a rush job!

Cracked me up

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-23 01:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 14:51
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Moving this post... Dec 22, 2004

...to the Business Issues forum.

I can understand how you viewed it as a Lighter Side of Translation issue, though!

Nancy

xxxdf49f
France
Local time: 20:51
ain't seen nothing yet... cont'd Dec 23, 2004

pucoug wrote:
Hello,
I know we have discussed many times about minimum rates for translations. I bet you guys have never seen anything like this before:
http://www.proz.com/job/68372
US$ 0.006/word! And its a rush job!
Cracked me up

thanks for translating the rates, a crack up it is!!
but... hindi, that's for rock-bottom low-low-cost countries...)) - Now, what about high-high-cost countries like France: take a look at this:
http://www.proz.com/job/68173
That was posted Sunday, job to be finished by the same sunday midnight pour "appareil de mesure de pression occulaire" MAIS "le domaine n'est pas technique" (!!!) - OK not 0,006$ but 0,06 euro (note: we're lucky in France if we keep 40% of that after social contributions, professional and income tax). And worst of all, the offer seems to come not from an agency but from a free-lancer in France.
... the lighter side of translation! (??))
best regards
df

11thmuse  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
free market Dec 23, 2004

The biggest problem is that they probably will find someone desperate enough! Many translators and only a few job offers. It is us who will have to set the standard!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job with low rates

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs