Money Recovery in Sweden
Thread poster: Marcella Rivatelli

Marcella Rivatelli
Italy
Local time: 03:40
German to Italian
+ ...
Dec 23, 2004

Dear colleagues, last January I completed some jobs for a Swedish firm, which paid the first two invoices but has never paid the third, in spite of reminders, emails and phone calls. I have almost given up the idea of getting the money back (even though the sum is not at all irrelevant to me: 1800 EUR!), but I would like to ask you, and especially Swedish colleagues, if you have any idea of which body I should address in Sweden to try and get the money back. An international court case is out of question, of course.
Thank you
Marcella Rivatelli

Direct link Reply with quote

Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Kronofogdemyndigheten Dec 23, 2004

The authority that you should turn to is the Swedish Enforcement Administration. Their website is www.rsv.se/kronofogden/ and they do have a summary available in English. Their e-mail address in Stockholm is kfm@kfm01.rsv.se

Hope this helps!

Clare

Charlesp  Identity Verified
Sweden
English
+ ...
collection Dec 26, 2004

Turning to the "Enforcement Authority" will be helpful, but only if the client does not challange the bill. All they need to is to write a note that they don't agree with the claim, and you are back to "square one."

Someone posted not long ago information on a collection agency based in Malmo (that's Sweden) that might be able to help. (I dont repeat the information as I have no personal view as to this particular agency.

My personal suggestion would be to contact a Swedish lawyer in the town your client is, and ask them to write to your "former" client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Money Recovery in Sweden

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs