Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Paypal
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Arabic
Jan 1, 2005

Dear All,

I have created a new account with paypal to transfer money from it to a bank account in UK. Is it necessary to get "Verified" at Paypal to do this electronically?

Thank you all in advance


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
There is a one-time 'upgrade' fee Jan 1, 2005

deducted from the first transfer. After that, there is a minimum transaction fee. For other currencies, your bank may charge an exchange commission.

Verification is provided by the bank that issued you the credit card.

Hence, the longer you use your paypal account, the more profitable it will be. I have found it a reasonable way to collect amounts of between 300 and 3000 USD, in which the other option would be to accept a cheque negotiated internationally.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Parrot Jan 1, 2005

Parrot wrote:

deducted from the first transfer. After that, there is a minimum transaction fee. For other currencies, your bank may charge an exchange commission.

Verification is provided by the bank that issued you the credit card.

Hence, the longer you use your paypal account, the more profitable it will be. I have found it a reasonable way to collect amounts of between 300 and 3000 USD, in which the other option would be to accept a cheque negotiated internationally.


I noticed that you're always there to help.

Regards
Tamara


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Uhhhhh???? Jan 1, 2005

I don't know if Parrot understood your question (forgive me little parrot) but I have recently verified my paypal account with my UK bank account and as far as I understand it this will allow me to transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account. Parrot is talking about what happens when you get some money sent to your paypal account which is completely the opposite....please correct me if I am wrong.
The verification process is quite straightforward...they transfer two little amounts of money to your bank account and then you have to report back those amounts so that they can confirm this is your bank account and from them on you are verified.
Good luck.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jesus Jan 1, 2005

Jesus Marin wrote:

I don't know if Parrot understood your question (forgive me little parrot) but I have recently verified my paypal account with my UK bank account and as far as I understand it this will allow me to transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account. Parrot is talking about what happens when you get some money sent to your paypal account which is completely the opposite....please correct me if I am wrong.
The verification process is quite straightforward...they transfer two little amounts of money to your bank account and then you have to report back those amounts so that they can confirm this is your bank account and from them on you are verified.
Good luck.


But what I need to ask really, is the verification necessar to be able to transfer funds fron my paypal account to my bank account? I am going to receive an amount of money in my Paypal account, can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?

Thank you all for your help

Regards
Tamara


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
No Jan 1, 2005

Tamara Zahran wrote:
... can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?


The straight answer is no, Tamara, you need to have your account verified to do that (as far as I know), and I'd advice you to do so anyway. The following times the process is really simple to transfer the money from the PayPal account to the Bank account because they already have your account number verified. I haven't been using it for long, but I'm happy with it, as soon as I receive money in the PP account I transfer it, it's free and my wallet is always empty (no risk).

Good luck

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Claudia Jan 1, 2005

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Tamara Zahran wrote:
... can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?


The straight answer is no, Tamara, you need to have your account verified to do that (as far as I know), and I'd advice you to do so anyway. The following times the process is really simple to transfer the money from the PayPal account to the Bank account because they already have your account number verified. I haven't been using it for long, but I'm happy with it, as soon as I receive money in the PP account I transfer it, it's free and my wallet is always empty (no risk).

Good luck

Claudia


You are always a great help.

Regards to all
Tamara


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
If I understand well, Jan 2, 2005

anyone can transfer money from Paypal to his bank in any country.

I thought you could only transfer money to an American bank?


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Claudio Chagas
Brazil
Local time: 19:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
UK or US Paypal account Jan 2, 2005

That also called my attention, Chance. I thought that in order to transfer funds from a bank account to a paypal account the two accounts need to be in the same country.

Claudio


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
You're right Jan 2, 2005

I didn't remember that.

Users in any country may withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account.
Users in these countries cannot withdraw funds to their local bank accounts.


https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved -signup-countries-outside

There are 45 countries in which it works.

I read the conditions now again and I find them much more clear than some time ago, when I had read them for the first time.

When I had tried at first the bank account had to be in the same country where the person lived, something has changed.

I managed to open an account in Miami and gave an address in the US (a P.O. Box), and it worked.

There are two groups of countries, those which have local offices and the others, UK has a local office, I would confirm with them that UK is in the same group of those that need a U.S. bank account.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/

Good luck

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxTadzio
English to Spanish
To be VERIFIED or not to be... That is the question. Jan 4, 2005

Hi Tamara,
My long experience as a PayPal member indicates that you DON'T have to be verified as long as you only receive and withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.
On the other hand, yo DO have to be verified if you will use your credit card or debit card, or e-Check as well.
That's all.
Regards,
Tadzio.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Tadzio Jan 4, 2005

Tadzio wrote:

Hi Tamara,
My long experience as a PayPal member indicates that you DON'T have to be verified as long as you only receive and withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.
On the other hand, yo DO have to be verified if you will use your credit card or debit card, or e-Check as well.
That's all.
Regards,
Tadzio.


A very accurate and to the point answer. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all
Regards
Tamara


Direct link Reply with quote
 
NataliaR
Local time: 18:43
English to Spanish
How do i open a US bank account? Mar 29, 2005

I was wondering how can i open a US bank account. I'm in Uruguay and could only do this online, do you have any online banks that you could recommend me? I want to start using PayPal and as far as i know this is the only option for me to withdraw founds from them. Thanks for the help

Natalia


Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I didn't remember that.

Users in any country may withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account.
Users in these countries cannot withdraw funds to their local bank accounts.


https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved -signup-countries-outside

There are 45 countries in which it works.

I read the conditions now again and I find them much more clear than some time ago, when I had read them for the first time.

When I had tried at first the bank account had to be in the same country where the person lived, something has changed.

I managed to open an account in Miami and gave an address in the US (a P.O. Box), and it worked.

There are two groups of countries, those which have local offices and the others, UK has a local office, I would confirm with them that UK is in the same group of those that need a U.S. bank account.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/

Good luck

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Natalia Mar 29, 2005

You need to check with the banks of your country which one would allow to open an account in dollars or which one has an agreement with a US bank that allows you to open an account in the US.
Not all the countries allow that, and if it's not allowed in Uruguay you won't be able to do it.

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal

Advanced search


Translation news





SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs