Paypal
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:06
English to Arabic
Jan 1, 2005

Dear All,

I have created a new account with paypal to transfer money from it to a bank account in UK. Is it necessary to get "Verified" at Paypal to do this electronically?

Thank you all in advance

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
There is a one-time 'upgrade' fee Jan 1, 2005

deducted from the first transfer. After that, there is a minimum transaction fee. For other currencies, your bank may charge an exchange commission.

Verification is provided by the bank that issued you the credit card.

Hence, the longer you use your paypal account, the more profitable it will be. I have found it a reasonable way to collect amounts of between 300 and 3000 USD, in which the other option would be to accept a cheque negotiated internationally.

Tamara Zahran
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Parrot Jan 1, 2005

Parrot wrote:

deducted from the first transfer. After that, there is a minimum transaction fee. For other currencies, your bank may charge an exchange commission.

Verification is provided by the bank that issued you the credit card.

Hence, the longer you use your paypal account, the more profitable it will be. I have found it a reasonable way to collect amounts of between 300 and 3000 USD, in which the other option would be to accept a cheque negotiated internationally.

I noticed that you're always there to help.

Regards
Tamara

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Uhhhhh???? Jan 1, 2005

I don't know if Parrot understood your question (forgive me little parrot) but I have recently verified my paypal account with my UK bank account and as far as I understand it this will allow me to transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account. Parrot is talking about what happens when you get some money sent to your paypal account which is completely the opposite....please correct me if I am wrong.
The verification process is quite straightforward...they transfer two little amo
... See more
I don't know if Parrot understood your question (forgive me little parrot) but I have recently verified my paypal account with my UK bank account and as far as I understand it this will allow me to transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal account. Parrot is talking about what happens when you get some money sent to your paypal account which is completely the opposite....please correct me if I am wrong.
The verification process is quite straightforward...they transfer two little amounts of money to your bank account and then you have to report back those amounts so that they can confirm this is your bank account and from them on you are verified.
Good luck.
Collapse

Tamara Zahran
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jesus Jan 1, 2005

Jesus Marin wrote:

The verification process is quite straightforward...they transfer two little amounts of money to your bank account and then you have to report back those amounts so that they can confirm this is your bank account and from them on you are verified.
Good luck.

But what I need to ask really, is the verification necessar to be able to transfer funds fron my paypal account to my bank account? I am going to receive an amount of money in my Paypal account, can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?

Thank you all for your help

Regards
Tamara

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:06
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
No Jan 1, 2005

Tamara Zahran wrote:
... can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?

The straight answer is no, Tamara, you need to have your account verified to do that (as far as I know), and I'd advice you to do so anyway. The following times the process is really simple to transfer the money from the PayPal account to the Bank account because they already have your account number verified. I haven't been using it for long, but I'm happy with it, as soon as I receive money in the PP account I transfer it, it's free and my wallet is always empty (no risk).

Good luck

Claudia

Tamara Zahran
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Claudia Jan 1, 2005

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Tamara Zahran wrote:
... can I transfer this account to my bank account in the UK without being verified?

The straight answer is no, Tamara, you need to have your account verified to do that (as far as I know), and I'd advice you to do so anyway. The following times the process is really simple to transfer the money from the PayPal account to the Bank account because they already have your account number verified. I haven't been using it for long, but I'm happy with it, as soon as I receive money in the PP account I transfer it, it's free and my wallet is always empty (no risk).

Good luck

Claudia

You are always a great help.

Regards to all
Tamara

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
If I understand well, Jan 2, 2005

anyone can transfer money from Paypal to his bank in any country.

I thought you could only transfer money to an American bank?

Claudio Chagas (X)
Claudio Chagas (X)
Brazil
Local time: 07:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
UK or US Paypal account Jan 2, 2005

That also called my attention, Chance. I thought that in order to transfer funds from a bank account to a paypal account the two accounts need to be in the same country.

Claudio

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
You're right Jan 2, 2005

I didn't remember that.

Users in any country may withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account.
Users in these countries cannot withdraw funds to their local bank accounts. ... See more
I didn't remember that.

Users in these countries cannot withdraw funds to their local bank accounts.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved -signup-countries-outside

There are 45 countries in which it works.

I read the conditions now again and I find them much more clear than some time ago, when I had read them for the first time.

When I had tried at first the bank account had to be in the same country where the person lived, something has changed.

I managed to open an account in Miami and gave an address in the US (a P.O. Box), and it worked.

There are two groups of countries, those which have local offices and the others, UK has a local office, I would confirm with them that UK is in the same group of those that need a U.S. bank account.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/

Good luck

Claudia
Collapse

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
To be VERIFIED or not to be... That is the question. Jan 4, 2005

Hi Tamara,
My long experience as a PayPal member indicates that you DON'T have to be verified as long as you only receive and withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.
On the other hand, yo DO have to be verified if you will use your credit card or debit card, or e-Check as well.
That's all.
Regards,
Tadzio.

Tamara Zahran
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Tadzio Jan 4, 2005

Tadzio wrote:

Hi Tamara,
My long experience as a PayPal member indicates that you DON'T have to be verified as long as you only receive and withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.
On the other hand, yo DO have to be verified if you will use your credit card or debit card, or e-Check as well.
That's all.
Regards,
Tadzio.

A very accurate and to the point answer. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all
Regards
Tamara

NataliaR
NataliaR
Local time: 07:06
English to Spanish
How do i open a US bank account? Mar 29, 2005

I was wondering how can i open a US bank account. I'm in Uruguay and could only do this online, do you have any online banks that you could recommend me? I want to start using PayPal and as far as i know this is the only option for me to withdraw founds from them. Thanks for the help

Natalia

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I didn't remember that.

Users in these countries cannot withdraw funds to their local bank accounts.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved -signup-countries-outside

There are 45 countries in which it works.

I read the conditions now again and I find them much more clear than some time ago, when I had read them for the first time.

When I had tried at first the bank account had to be in the same country where the person lived, something has changed.

I managed to open an account in Miami and gave an address in the US (a P.O. Box), and it worked.

There are two groups of countries, those which have local offices and the others, UK has a local office, I would confirm with them that UK is in the same group of those that need a U.S. bank account.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/

Good luck

Claudia

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Natalia Mar 29, 2005

You need to check with the banks of your country which one would allow to open an account in dollars or which one has an agreement with a US bank that allows you to open an account in the US.
Not all the countries allow that, and if it's not allowed in Uruguay you won't be able to do it.

Claudia

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »