Jing Nie
China
Local time: 07:37
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

I am a translator in china.
One client in Germany sent payment through wire transfer at Dec 28, 2004 ,I did not receive the payment until Jan 6, 2005. I never have similiar experiences before, usually it only takes 2 - 3 days to transfer the money to my account. And to my surprise 30 US$ was deduct from the payment.But the client had transfer the money before , and the payment arrived very quickly ,and no money was deduct.
Does anyone have similiar experiences?

And another payment from Arab transfered to me at the Dec 26, 2004 did not arrive up to now.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 01:37
German to Romanian
+ ...
As for the delays Jan 6, 2005

You might consider the holiday seasos, which might delay banking operations.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:37
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
the deduction Jan 6, 2005

may have been because this time the sender gave instructions to split the charges, paying their bank to send the money, but leaving the you to pay your bank's charge.
In principle the amount agreed for the job should be for the translation job, not transfer costs, but different people have different ideas about this (eg: split charges) - so it's a good idea to agree who will pay what transfer costs, before the job.

Another possibility is that this time the money was sent through a third 'intermediary' bank, between your bank and the sender's bank.
A good starting point would be to check with your bank, asking them whether the amount is their charge for receiving the money, a charge by the sender's bank, or from an intermediary, or something else.

Giuli~

[Edited at 2005-01-07 13:03]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wire Transfer problem

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs