Thread poster: Jing Nie

Jing Nie
Local time: 02:42
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

I am a translator in china.
One client in Germany sent payment through wire transfer at Dec 28, 2004 ,I did not receive the payment until Jan 6, 2005. I never have similiar experiences before, usually it only takes 2 - 3 days to transfer the money to my account. And to my surprise 30 US$ was deduct from the payment.But the client had transfer the money before , and the payment arrived very quickly ,and no money was deduct.
Does anyone have similiar experiences?

And another payment from Arab transfered to me at the Dec 26, 2004 did not arrive up to now.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:42
German to Romanian
+ ...
As for the delays Jan 6, 2005

You might consider the holiday seasos, which might delay banking operations.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:42
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
the deduction Jan 6, 2005

may have been because this time the sender gave instructions to split the charges, paying their bank to send the money, but leaving the you to pay your bank's charge.
In principle the amount agreed for the job should be for the translation job, not transfer costs, but different people have different ideas about this (eg: split charges) - so it's a good idea to agree who will pay what transfer costs, before the job.

Another possibility is that this time the money was sent through a third 'intermediary' bank, between your bank and the sender's bank.
A good starting point would be to check with your bank, asking them whether the amount is their charge for receiving the money, a charge by the sender's bank, or from an intermediary, or something else.

[Edited at 2005-01-07 13:03]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wire Transfer problem

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs