Who can tell me what is paypal?
Thread poster: yujialin668
yujialin668
China
Local time: 03:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 13, 2005

I'm a newcomer, and I do not know what is paypal, how to use it? Does it secure?

Direct link Reply with quote

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:27
English to Dutch
+ ...
Paypal.com Jan 13, 2005

Founded in 1998, PayPal, an eBay Company, enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online. PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.

PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with 56 million account members worldwide. Available in 45 countries around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal.

PayPal has received close to 20 awards for technical excellence from the Internet industry and the business community at large -most recently the 2003 Webby Award for Best Finance Site and the 2003 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Finance Site.

Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.

Full info at www.paypal.com

And is it safe? Well, I've been using it for quite a while and never experienced any problems.

The same applies to www.moneybookers.com

Jing Nie
China
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
If you are in China, don't use Paypal. Jan 13, 2005

Since the money can not be encashed in China, you can only use the money to buy items online.
I recommend you get money through wire transfer.

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same applies for Argentina Jan 13, 2005

NieJing wrote:

Since the money can not be encashed in China, you can only use the money to buy items online.

You cannot cash money in Argentina by PayPal.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 21:27
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Moneybookers Jan 13, 2005

Paypal doesn't work in Eastern Europe, too, but Moneybookers.com does.
It's much the same and my experience up yo now with small sums (not exceeding few hundred EUR, are fully positive.

Uldis

mónica alfonso wrote:

NieJing wrote:

Emilio Gironda  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Paypal doesn't work in Peru either..! Jan 15, 2005

This seems to be a very extended paying method over the world. Unfortunately, -as it is the case in Argentina- it doesn't work in Peru either.

yujialin668
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank a lot. You are all so kind. Jan 24, 2005

Thank a lot. You are all so kind.

yujialin668
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 25, 2005

mónica alfonso wrote:

NieJing wrote:

yujialin668
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Your answer is detailed and very clear. Jan 25, 2005

Evert DELOOF-SYS wrote:

Founded in 1998, PayPal, an eBay Company, enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online. PayPal's service builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards and utilizes the world's most advanced proprietary fraud prevention systems to create a safe, global, real-time payment solution.

PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with 56 million account members worldwide. Available in 45 countries around the world, buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses are transacting with PayPal.

PayPal has received close to 20 awards for technical excellence from the Internet industry and the business community at large -most recently the 2003 Webby Award for Best Finance Site and the 2003 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Finance Site.

Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was acquired by eBay Inc. in October, 2002.

Full info at www.paypal.com

And is it safe? Well, I've been using it for quite a while and never experienced any problems.

The same applies to www.moneybookers.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who can tell me what is paypal?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs