London collection agency
Thread poster: Sophie Marette
Sophie Marette
Sophie Marette  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:35
English to French
+ ...
Feb 4, 2005

I'm owed £862 by an agency (one person, whose client is a famous magazine who doesn't pay him on time I am told, but this is not my problem), anyway I did the work in september 2004 and I want this money, is it better to go to the small claim court or to ask a collection agency to do the job, how much %would the latter ask for ? Any recommendations ?
Thanks

Wenke Geddert
Wenke Geddert
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:35
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Websites... Feb 4, 2005

Please also refer to these (also for future reference):

http://www.payontime.co.uk/index.html

and

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

HTH

Wenke

Adrian MM. (X)
Adrian MM. (X)
Local time: 13:35
French to English
+ ...
Other alternatives Feb 4, 2005

You should also be asking whether you should be consulting or instructing a Solicitor and/or trying to issue a cheap statutory demand that small-claim websites do not adequately deal with.

Your claim is above the GBP 750 'bankruptcy level' enabling you to issue one - or have a Solicitor do, if at all interested in a claim of less than GBP 5,000 - as a preliminary shock-tactic prior to winding up the co. (if it is one) yourself as a petitioning creditor. However, if the statutory d
... See more
You should also be asking whether you should be consulting or instructing a Solicitor and/or trying to issue a cheap statutory demand that small-claim websites do not adequately deal with.

Your claim is above the GBP 750 'bankruptcy level' enabling you to issue one - or have a Solicitor do, if at all interested in a claim of less than GBP 5,000 - as a preliminary shock-tactic prior to winding up the co. (if it is one) yourself as a petitioning creditor. However, if the statutory demand is opposed and backfires, there is a costs penalty.

See my answer - predominantly in Eng. - to the German Money Matters question this week of Englische Agentur zahlt nicht - an Eng. agency isn't paying up.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

London collection agency

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »