Mobile menu

Corrections after translation
Thread poster: 3 in 1

3 in 1
Local time: 19:02
French to German
+ ...
May 31, 2002

Sometimes clients ask me to do some corrections in translations already finished - I am not talking about correcting my translation, but (re-)translating words, sentences etc. that have been introduced or changed afterwards by the author or the company publishing the text.

Normally, I am not expecting to be paid for that, it\'s \"all inclusive\" and often it only takes a couple of minutes.

BUT: this time I had done a first correction about 6 weeks after the first deadline, now I am receiving another file with about 300 words (send it back asap) and I haven\'t been paid yet (3 months). What do YOU do in such cases? Is this to be included in \"free services\"?

Direct link Reply with quote

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:02
French to English
Six weeks later? Charge extra. May 31, 2002

Hi,

That sounds like a separate job to me and should be billed as such. If a client comes with changes in the middle of the project, that\'s OK (word count should be adjusted accordingly). Any changes that come in after the document has been delivered should be extra (at either a per word or hourly rate).

If your invoice hasn\'t been paid yet (and it is indeed overdue - check the payment terms for the client), you could always refuse to accept any further work from that client until the invoice has been paid.

Good luck,

Erika

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-31 14:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-31 14:21 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrections after translation

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs