What are normal bank charges on MoneyBookers transfers?
Thread poster: Robert Morin
Robert Morin
Robert Morin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:43
English to French
Apr 2, 2005

I'm trying to find some comparative data to show my bank people that taking 2X$10 (i.e. two seperate $10 CAD bank charges, one for international transaction and the other for «charges from a third-party bank => my bank people say this third-party bank is the one MB uses in Quebec, Canada) on each incoming payment I receive through my MB account is really a rip off. I know that some earlier postings dealt with subjects more or less related with this subject and that I may have to shop around an... See more
I'm trying to find some comparative data to show my bank people that taking 2X$10 (i.e. two seperate $10 CAD bank charges, one for international transaction and the other for «charges from a third-party bank => my bank people say this third-party bank is the one MB uses in Quebec, Canada) on each incoming payment I receive through my MB account is really a rip off. I know that some earlier postings dealt with subjects more or less related with this subject and that I may have to shop around and see what other banks can offer, but I don't like to leave without making my point clear, especially when I feel I'm being swindled.

Therefore, I would like to hear from you all, as these charges seem to vary a lot from one bank to another and from one country to another... I would like to use these testimonies to point out to my bank people how «scrooge» they are. Why should our Canadian banking institutions be so heavy on cashing incoming money?
Collapse

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:43
English to Polish
+ ...
I transferred $25 to my account in Poland Apr 2, 2005

I tranfered $25 to my bank account, just to test it. I paid $2.32 fee to MoneyBookers but NOTHING to my bank.

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:43
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
My situation Apr 2, 2005

I live in Italy and I have 2 Canadian customers.
The first one pays through Moneybookers. They charge me 1.80 Eur for each transaction and my Italian bank does not charge me any additional fee.
The second customer drives me crazy; they refuse to use MoneyBookers. They used to send me cheques but after a cheque went lost in the mail I had to switch to wire transfers. They deduct 42 CAD for each transaction and then I have to pay 10 Eur to my bank in Italy.

Laura

Angel Biojo
Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 17:43
English to Spanish
Bank fees Apr 2, 2005

Here in Ecuador banks charge a USD 30.00 fee on incoming money, meaning that if somebody sends to you from abroad a USD 25.00 check, you would owe USD 5.00 to the bank. Believe it or not.

bozhana
bozhana  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Can you get a cheque from Moneybookers? Apr 3, 2005

I thought that was possible but I have never tried it. I will ask tha banks around here though since I need the same information though. I live in Montreal Will let you know if I find something reasonable.
Bozhana

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Change de banque Apr 3, 2005

Je gage que t'as un compte à la Caisse Pop. Les histoires pareilles, c'est toujours avec les Caisses Populaires.

Bye!
Esther

Robert Morin
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Robert, this will help me make my point with my bank Apr 3, 2005

Robert Zawadzki wrote:

I tranfered $25 to my bank account, just to test it. I paid $2.32 fee to MoneyBookers but NOTHING to my bank.

Robert Morin
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
These charges are probably for wire transfers, but have you tried MoneyBookers or PaypPal? Apr 3, 2005

Angel Biojo wrote:

Here in Ecuador banks charge a USD 30.00 fee on incoming money, meaning that if somebody sends to you from abroad a USD 25.00 check, you would owe USD 5.00 to the bank. Believe it or not.

Robert Morin
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Laura, this will be very useful! Apr 3, 2005

Laura Gentili wrote:

I live in Italy and I have 2 Canadian customers.
The first one pays through Moneybookers. They charge me 1.80 Eur for each transaction and my Italian bank does not charge me any additional fee.
The second customer drives me crazy; they refuse to use MoneyBookers. They used to send me cheques but after a cheque went lost in the mail I had to switch to wire transfers. They deduct 42 CAD for each transaction and then I have to pay 10 Eur to my bank in Italy.

Laura

Robert Morin
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
On ne peut rein vous cacher... mais j'ai l'intention de «brasser la cage» avant de changer! Apr 3, 2005

Esther Pfeffer wrote:

Je gage que t'as un compte à la Caisse Pop. Les histoires pareilles, c'est toujours avec les Caisses Populaires.

Bye!
Esther

Jörgen Slet
Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 03:43
English to Estonian
+ ...
Canada is not in their list of "local transaction" countries Apr 3, 2005

Robert Zawadzki wrote:

Poland is in their list of "local transaction" countries but Canada is not, i.e. they do not have a local account in a Canadian bank from which they could do the transaction:

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are normal bank charges on MoneyBookers transfers?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »