laura2g
laura2g  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 3, 2005

Hi!

Does anybody know how much a spanish senior translator can earn aproximately in euros?

Thanks

Laura

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Depends where Apr 4, 2005

Starting with 4,500/mo. at the highest entry level of the European Commission. (The ECB has different rates, private firms have different rates and possibly different requirements).

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
It depends a lot Apr 4, 2005

laura2g wrote:

Hi!

Does anybody know how much a spanish senior translator can earn aproximately in euros?

Thanks

Laura

Hi, Laura,

It depends a lot. To begin with, it depends on which country they leave!

I have friends working for a translation company in Madrid.

There, people with 5 to 10 years may earn from 1200 to 2000 eur per month net. On the other hand, a fresh graduate can earn anything from 600 to 900 eur.

I think the top salary an employed translator without managerial tasks can earn in Spain would be around 3000 eur but I don't think there are that mamny translators with such high salaries in Spain.

I hope this helps.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish Senior translator salary

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »