moneybookers.com - where can I find the verification code?
Thread poster: Mueen Issa
Mueen Issa  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:57
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 8, 2005

Hi to all

I am trying to withdraw some cash from my moneybookers.com account. I was asked to send less than 15 dollars to my banck account and when the money is there, there will be a certain code with it, I should enter into a box in the site in order to ba able to send as many money as I want. Of course this is the site's way of verifying my bank account.

I went to my bank and asked them for the code, they did not know what am I talking about, I tried to enter some numbers in the bank statement, but it did not work either.
Did any of you tried this before, how?
Thanx

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-08 15:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:57
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask your bank Apr 8, 2005

Mueen Issa wrote:

Hi to all

I am trying to withdraw some cash from my moneybookers.com account. I was asked to send less than 15 dollars to my banck account and when the money is there, there will be a certain code with it, I should enter into a box in the site in order to ba able to send as many money as I want. Of course this is the site's way of verifying my bank account.

I went to my bank and asked them for the code, they did not know what am I talking about, I tried to enter some numbers in the bank statement, but it did not work either.
Thanx

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-08 15:16]

The verification code is not in your normal bank voucher. Ask your service representative (not the teller) to print the complete transaction document. There is a small item called "Moneybookers ver. code" or similar, at the bottom of it. My banker didn't know about it either, until I showed it.

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
experience Apr 8, 2005

I did. I was asked to send US$20 to my account in Canada. The money arrived after 4 days. I have online banking. Looked for any code accompanying the 20$ but found none.

I then went logged in moneybookers the next day to withdraw the rest of my balance. I was able to access the 'withdraw' interface without being prompted for this code. Sent the money to my account without problem.

I figure that once the initial withdrawal (in your case the $15) reaches your bank account, moneybookers is able to confirm that you are actually who you say you are (which is the objective of this entire exercise in the first place). Identity confirmed. Withdraw rest of money as you please.

Marcus

Mueen Issa  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:57
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did Apr 8, 2005

I did the first step which is sending the 15 dollars to my bank account, and it did reach there, but the second step did not work, as I was asked to enter the verification code.
Maybe I should explain the issue to the bank customer service as Edwal suggested.

bozhana  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:57
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
moneybookers Apr 8, 2005

Hi Marcus,
Did your bank charge you 10$ for every deposit because it is considered international transaction?
Bozhana

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
fee Apr 8, 2005

bozhana wrote:
Did your bank charge you 10$ for every deposit because it is considered international transaction?
Bozhana

No. I think the charge was around CAD2. No more.
m

Maria Ferstl  Identity Verified
Malta
Greek to German
+ ...
Well, I didn't need any code... Apr 12, 2005

I was afread of accepting payment via Moneybookers after reading all this, but... I could withdraw my money within less than 2 days and without a verification code. I think that this is the case either because I had already been "verified" (because the first time I used the service I made a payment to somebody else, uploading money from that bank account, but I didn't "add account" then) or because I used "domestic service" and was withdrawing to an account I hold at the same bank where Moneybookers have their local account, and in this case the local branch can ask their bank if the name matches the account number, can't they? However my impression is that people complaining about Moneybookers live in countries where "domestic service" is not available.

Regards, Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

moneybookers.com - where can I find the verification code?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs