Thread poster: sandhya
sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
German to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2002

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if it is acceptable to charge per slide in a Power Point presentation?

I know, one normally charges by the hour for PPT slides, but I would like to know what one could charge per slide.

Please help!

Thank you

sandhya

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:09
German to English
+ ...
How long is a piece of string? Jun 12, 2002

You could charge per slide, but would run into problems inasmuch as there is no definition of a standard slide. If you are looking at a specific project and you can see what you are up against, you might be OK. But otherwise you need to bear in mind that a slide could contain anything between 1 and 300 words!

HTH

Mary

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:09
French to English
Convert to Word to get a word count first Jun 12, 2002

and then base your quote on that.

Nikki

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:09
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Slide charges Jun 12, 2002

I assume that 8 EURO per slide could be a good average. Recently I did a Powerpoint translation with 76 slides and 3.698 word, an average of almost 50 words per page. But I needed one whole day to translate them (I mean this was something about 12 hrs). In this case I couldn´t charge per slide, only per word, and this with my usual rate, because it was for a friend running an agency, and he forgot that Powerpoint needs more time.

The best I ever achieved was 20 DM each slide - and thi
... See more
I assume that 8 EURO per slide could be a good average. Recently I did a Powerpoint translation with 76 slides and 3.698 word, an average of almost 50 words per page. But I needed one whole day to translate them (I mean this was something about 12 hrs). In this case I couldn´t charge per slide, only per word, and this with my usual rate, because it was for a friend running an agency, and he forgot that Powerpoint needs more time.

The best I ever achieved was 20 DM each slide - and this was just right according to the time I spent to translate.

Powerpoint is far less user friendly as Word is.

Regards

Jerzy
Collapse

sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for the replies! I have a fair idea now! Jun 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-12 19:05, JCzopik wrote:

I assume that 8 EURO per slide could be a good average. Recently I did a Powerpoint translation with 76 slides and 3.698 word, an average of almost 50 words per page. But I needed one whole day to translate them (I mean this was something about 12 hrs). In this case I couldn´t charge per slide, only per word, and this with my usual rate, because it was for a friend running an agency, and ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-06-12 19:05, JCzopik wrote:

The best I ever achieved was 20 DM each slide - and this was just right according to the time I spent to translate.

Powerpoint is far less user friendly as Word is.

Regards

Jerzy

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Power Point rates

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »