Thread poster: sandhya

sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:20
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2002

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if it is acceptable to charge per slide in a Power Point presentation?

I know, one normally charges by the hour for PPT slides, but I would like to know what one could charge per slide.

Please help!

Thank you

sandhya

Direct link Reply with quote

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
German to English
+ ...
How long is a piece of string? Jun 12, 2002

You could charge per slide, but would run into problems inasmuch as there is no definition of a standard slide. If you are looking at a specific project and you can see what you are up against, you might be OK. But otherwise you need to bear in mind that a slide could contain anything between 1 and 300 words!

HTH

Mary

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:50
French to English
Convert to Word to get a word count first Jun 12, 2002

and then base your quote on that.

Nikki

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:50
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Slide charges Jun 12, 2002

I assume that 8 EURO per slide could be a good average. Recently I did a Powerpoint translation with 76 slides and 3.698 word, an average of almost 50 words per page. But I needed one whole day to translate them (I mean this was something about 12 hrs). In this case I couldn´t charge per slide, only per word, and this with my usual rate, because it was for a friend running an agency, and he forgot that Powerpoint needs more time.

The best I ever achieved was 20 DM each slide - and this was just right according to the time I spent to translate.

Powerpoint is far less user friendly as Word is.

Regards

Jerzy

sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:20
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for the replies! I have a fair idea now! Jun 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-12 19:05, JCzopik wrote:

I assume that 8 EURO per slide could be a good average. Recently I did a Powerpoint translation with 76 slides and 3.698 word, an average of almost 50 words per page. But I needed one whole day to translate them (I mean this was something about 12 hrs). In this case I couldn´t charge per slide, only per word, and this with my usual rate, because it was for a friend running an agency, and he forgot that Powerpoint needs more time.

The best I ever achieved was 20 DM each slide - and this was just right according to the time I spent to translate.

Powerpoint is far less user friendly as Word is.

Regards

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Power Point rates

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs