Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:36
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2005

Hi everyone,
I am part of a group of translators with outstanding invoices at a specific (now defunct) translation agency. From the Blue Board and from an e-mail sent by the former PM to all her former freelancers, I am aware that many other Prozians are involved in this quagmire. I am currenly exploring my options (collection agency, legal action, etc) and I would love to know if other translators are considering similar options, and perhaps even join together to sue this agency if other are interested. I'm not sure, however, what the proper etiquette is to contact my collegues directly through the BlueBoard (i.e. Proz mail) or where I could post information about this issue in case someone wants to contact me. Anyone with experience in this area? I'd appreciate any ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
English to German
+ ...
Contact those who posted entries in the BB Jun 9, 2005

Hi "L",
Don't hesitate to contact the others who posted entries to the Blue Board by sending them a profile message; in fact, we have encouraged members to do that in similar cases.

Good luck, and best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt Collection Etiquette: Contacting Other Translators

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs