Thread poster: Andreas Pompl
Andreas Pompl
Andreas Pompl
Germany
Local time: 06:15
English to German
+ ...
Jun 18, 2002

An agency offered me a constant cooperation and asked for my rates. I know the rates they charge, they are fixed and do not depend on the dificulty of the text or the the priority of the job. That\'s no problem because they are high priced. So I wonder how much to charge. Let us assume they invoice 100 to their clients, what will be my fair rate?

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:15
French to English
Don't worry about the agency's rates Jun 18, 2002

Hello,

Even if you know what an agency charges its clients, you have to determine what your time/work are worth. Charge a rate that you think is reasonable and go from there.

Good luck,

Erika

Andreas Pompl
Andreas Pompl
Germany
Local time: 06:15
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Of course I will not sell under price Jun 20, 2002

That\'s OK Erika, I will not sell under price. What I like to do is exhaust the margin, therefore I am asking. I wonder about the worth of the agency services. 20% ? 40% ?

Bye

Andreas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much for the agency?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »