Thread poster: Rainbow Network
Rainbow Network
Rainbow Network  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 30, 2005

Has anyone got any feedback about moneybookers.com?

That looks like a great solution to small payments but then again, I sent 2 emais to them without getting any answer.

Any good/bad experience with them?
Would you guys prefer payapl and if yes, why?

Thanks for helping
Jacques

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:06
English to German
+ ...
Check past discussions as well Jun 30, 2005

Hi Jacques,
I'm sure you'll get feedback, however, you may want to check numerous threads where Moneybookers and Paypal were discussed in the past - just use the forum search!

Best regards,
Ralf

Rainbow Network
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Moneybookers support Jun 30, 2005

Thanks Ralf but I could not find anything about their support services. These guys do not seem to reply to emails so far.

Has anyone ever contacted these guys??

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Jacques,
I'm sure you'll get feedback, however, you may want to check numerous threads where Moneybookers and Paypal were discussed in the past - just use the forum search!

Best regards,
Ralf

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:06
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Moneybookers support Jun 30, 2005

[quote]Rainbow Network wrote:

Thanks Ralf but I could not find anything about their support services. These guys do not seem to reply to emails so far.

I contacted them once. I was not really counting on reply but still received it. So technically it is possible. Maybe you just have to wait for a while.

Cheers,
Burrell

Rosa Diez Tagarro
Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe technically possible, but Jun 30, 2005

I have been trying to contact them for weeks, now.

They only wrote to me when my customer contacted them. I replied, and haven't heard from them again.

No use trying to call them, either.

I am unable to retrieve funds from my account. Luckily, the amount involved is very small.

My experience with PayPal is not good, either, I'm afraid.

Regards,

Rosa

Rosa Diez Tagarro
Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
you may want to check this link, Jacques Jun 30, 2005

http://www.proz.com/topic/32043

Rainbow Network
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Rosa Jun 30, 2005

uh, does not sound very good.

Rosa Diez Tagarro wrote:

http://www.proz.com/topic/32043

Rainbow Network
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Burrell Jun 30, 2005

How much time have you got to wait far an answer??

Thanks again,
Jacques

[quote]Burrell wrote:

Rainbow Network wrote:

I contacted them once. I was not really counting on reply but still received it. So technically it is possible. Maybe you just have to wait for a while.

Cheers,
Burrell

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 16:06
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
I also had some problems... Jun 30, 2005

... when wanting to extract cash, and could not do it because my identity was "not verified". I "bombarded" them with a few e-mails and one fax, and I had to wait about a couple of days for their reply. All in all, it took them approximately 8 days to settle the issue and I am now using their services without any restrictions. So I would suggest you should persist with your demarches, and the problem will certainly be resolved. Good luck. Andrei

Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Had the sam eproblem Jun 30, 2005

I had to wait for a week and received no reply and then called their London office. My identity was verified in 3-4 days after that.

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:06
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Moneybooker support Jun 30, 2005

[quote]Rainbow Network wrote:

How much time have you got to wait far an answer??

Thanks again,
Jacques

I do not remember precisely, but I think I wrote them in the evening and received their answer sometimes next day (or the day after that, at least I do not remember being frustrated or waiting too long).
I know it is a bit difficult to get the ball rolling but once everything is settled I find their services rather easy to use since I refuse to use Paypal to receive payments (pnly to pay for eBay purchases).

Good luck, Jacques!
Burrell

Tamara Sinobad
Tamara Sinobad  Identity Verified
English to Serbian
+ ...
Takes a few days to get an answer Jun 30, 2005

I registered with them two weeks ago because paypal's services are unavailable in my country and they said I had to transfer some money from my bank account to theirs in order to expand my moneybookers account limit. My bank wouldn't do that without an invoice so I wrote to moneybookers and they offered me an alternative-send a scanned copy of your passport and a copy of some bill addressed to your name and address stated in your passport and they'll activate your account and expand your limit t... See more
I registered with them two weeks ago because paypal's services are unavailable in my country and they said I had to transfer some money from my bank account to theirs in order to expand my moneybookers account limit. My bank wouldn't do that without an invoice so I wrote to moneybookers and they offered me an alternative-send a scanned copy of your passport and a copy of some bill addressed to your name and address stated in your passport and they'll activate your account and expand your limit to 10 000 Euros.Collapse

Rainbow Network
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Verified with Moneybookers Jul 1, 2005

From I can gather it seems that the whole point is to get verified early with Moneybookers and ands then it is rather a good service.

This said I still have not heard from them ;o)

Cheers and thanks to all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers.com

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »