Mobile menu

Filtering out ProZ job offers based on rate paid
Thread poster: François Rossi

François Rossi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:10
English to French
+ ...
Jul 7, 2005

Could we have ProZ implement a system whereby we don't get requests when the poster has specified a rate that is lower than what we accept working for ?

This would save receiving a few emails as far as I'm concerned !

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:10
English to German
+ ...
The system exists - have you entered your rates? Jul 7, 2005

Hi François,
Unless I misunderstood your post, that system already exists:

www.proz.com/faq/rates

Have you entered your rates?

Best regards,
Ralf

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:10
Danish to English
+ ...
Rates Jul 7, 2005

That is an excellent idea.

[Edited at 2005-07-07 15:48]

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not quoting is not the same as not receiving Jul 7, 2005

Ralf,

The rates system means you cannot REPLY to an offer where the rate is lower than your own. It doesn't mean you cannot RECEIVE the job offer in the first place.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:10
English to German
+ ...
Looking at the FAQ, in detail... Jul 7, 2005

Hi again, François,

The rates system means you cannot REPLY to an offer where the rate is lower than your own. It doesn't mean you cannot RECEIVE the job offer in the first place.

Sorry, but that's one part of it:

www.proz.com/faq/rates#rates_why

2. Why should I enter rates?

Benefits of specifying a range of rates:
(1) Specifying a rate range makes it easier for clients to consider working with you
(2) You will not be bothered with notifications of jobs below your minimums
(3) You will be able to compare your rates with aggregated data from other pros in your pairs

Also, by specifying the range in which you are willing to work, you supply valuable information that will be used in educating clients. For example, if a client wants to post a job at 0.001 cents/word (a very low rate), he or she will be presented with data showing the percentage of pros who are not willing to work at that rate. This helps to head off unreasonable offers.

However:

www.proz.com/faq/rates#rates_pricing_fields

9. I've entered my rates but I'm still receiving some jobs offering a rate under my minimum. Why is this?

Not all jobs conform to the format of "[X] per [word|hour|total] in [currency]". Some jobs specify lines instead of words, ongoing or in-house jobs often have different pricing requirements, and so on. To accomodate these different situations, outsourcers are given the choice of entering pricing for the job in the standard format, or using a free-form text box to enter the pricing. Jobs that use the free-form format cannot be checked for rates, so you will receive notification for them, even if they are below your set minimum.

Note that in the future, outsourcers will have more incentive to enter pricing in the standard format, and whether standard pricing is entered or not will influence who receives the notification.

Assuming you entered your rates, and you received a notification you shouldn't have, please submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff. Preferably, you should include the IP headers of that message, to allow them to trace the notification.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2005-07-07 16:01]

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jul 7, 2005

OK, understood.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering out ProZ job offers based on rate paid

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs