Mobile menu

accepting credit card payments: options; when worth doing; your opinions and experiences
Thread poster: Burkhard Ziegler

Burkhard Ziegler  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:14
Russian to German
+ ...
Jul 14, 2005

Dear colleagues,

In order to attract more (online) clients I - translator based in Germany - would like to offer them a payment by credit card.

Does anybody have experiences on the following issues
  • how much fees can be required
  • which are processing options
    BTW I would prefer receiving a debit authorization by fax and introduce it into an internet portal of credit cards payment provider because I can't afford installing a shop system connected to a payment interface/gateway
  • upon which turnaround it becomes worth using the service and paying the fees
  • what is your general impression and experience

BTW I wouldn't like asking the client to register previously at a processing provider like Moneybookers, Papal etc. The (potential) customer should be able to pay immediatly.

Thanks a lot for your help

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 05:14
English to German
+ ...
There are private providers for this Jul 14, 2005

Hi! as I said, there are full fledged companies offering this service normally charge some %ge for this. you can look around Düsseldorf, Berlin, München area. The link goes from a type of card that is accepted on your website to their billing department and the bank simultaneously, they also generally offer payment _ escrow services. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2005-07-14 17:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

accepting credit card payments: options; when worth doing; your opinions and experiences

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs