Paypal for non USA countries
Thread poster: Laura_

Laura_
Uruguay
Local time: 08:30
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 17, 2005

I need to bid a customer to my bank account ouside USA (South america) when registerin paypal ask me to enter a credit card number! I don't want to enter an international credit card number, but my bank account data which I am not ever asked.The questions are: 1) is it possible to be paid (receive money) outside USA without entering a credit card number? 2) where do I have to fill the bank data for a bank outside USA (South america)

Direct link Reply with quote

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:30
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Please check www.paypal.com Jul 17, 2005

Hi Laura,

Paypal has different restrictions and regulations for several countries. I would suggest you check the Paypal website, www.paypal.com Please go to Help, then select Non-US Accounts. There you can find under Q (Questions) the list of countries with various Paypal regulations. I think that will give you all the information you want.

Good searching,

Janos

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
No paypal in SA Jul 18, 2005

Laura_ wrote:

I need to bid a customer to my bank account ouside USA (South america) when registerin paypal ask me to enter a credit card number! I don't want to enter an international credit card number, but my bank account data which I am not ever asked.The questions are: 1) is it possible to be paid (receive money) outside USA without entering a credit card number? 2) where do I have to fill the bank data for a bank outside USA (South america)

Most South American countries don't have PayPal, and even if you enter a valid credit card number, it won't be accepted. Also, don't try to use PayPal without being verified, because you will be able to receive money, but you won't be able to withdraw it or to make purchases with it.

Aguinaldo Campos
Brazil
Local time: 09:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It´s possible to receive a check Jul 18, 2005

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:

Laura_ wrote:

Most South American countries don't have PayPal, and even if you enter a valid credit card number, it won't be accepted. Also, don't try to use PayPal without being verified, because you will be able to receive money, but you won't be able to withdraw it or to make purchases with it.

It´s possible to receive a check up to 2500 USD /month for verified accounts in Brazil. You need a valid credit card to verification process. It´s not possible wire transfers to South American countries.

Laura_
Uruguay
Local time: 08:30
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS! Jul 18, 2005

Thank you all that answered me so quick and so clear.
THANKS again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal for non USA countries

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs