Thread poster: Laura_
Laura_
Laura_
Uruguay
Local time: 15:48
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 19, 2005

Hello I need to blacklist a thief. How is the procedure? Is it possible not to let this thief publish in Proz?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:48
English to German
+ ...
Are you referring to a non-payer? Jul 19, 2005

Hi Laura,
As it wouldn't make much sense to use ProZ.com to talk about someone who stole something from your house, I take it that "thief" means non-payer.

ProZ.com operates a Termination Policy, according to which non-payers may be banned from using the site for job postings, or have their profile(s) removed. A team of Jobs/BB moderators helps to enforce this policy.... See more
Hi Laura,
As it wouldn't make much sense to use ProZ.com to talk about someone who stole something from your house, I take it that "thief" means non-payer.

ProZ.com operates a Termination Policy, according to which non-payers may be banned from using the site for job postings, or have their profile(s) removed. A team of Jobs/BB moderators helps to enforce this policy.

As a first step, may I suggest you check whether the outsourcer concerned is listed in the ProZ.com Blue Board; assuming that you fulfil the conditions set out in the BB FAQ, please go ahead and post an entry there. If you post an LWA (likelihood of working again) level of 1 or 2, you will be prompted to post a non-payment report, which will be picked up, and acted upon, by moderators.

In view of your posting, may I add that BB entries should focus on the facts, and should not include personal comments.

Contact me through my profile if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Laura_
Laura_
Uruguay
Local time: 15:48
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
blacklist Jul 26, 2005

Hello Ralf, I entered all the info but I did not receive any blacklist relating message, and i either can't see the FLE blueboard entrance of LWA 1 I did.
Let me know,
kind regards, jenny

[Edited at 2005-07-26 09:42]

[Edited at 2005-07-26 09:43]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:48
English to German
+ ...
Lack of details Jul 26, 2005

Hi again,
Hello Ralf, I entered all the info

Not quite - in fact, we're still trying to sort out the details, as the address you provided does not match the outsourcer's information shown on their website.

but I did not receive any blacklist relating message,

You wouldn't, as the Blue Board is not a blacklist.
Notifications will be sent out the moment a BB record has been approved by a moderator; if all details are provided, that happens very quickly - if we need to search for details, it may take a while.

and i either can't see the FLE blueboard entrance of LWA 1 I did.

This is because BB entries are vetted by moderators. I have vetted your entry, but we're still working on the BB record.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blacklist

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »