Thread poster: Lidia Morejudo
Lidia Morejudo
Lidia Morejudo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2005

I have signed up with a couple of agencies, but I have also a small foreign language tuition business and had thought of having translation directly for my students/clients as an added feature to my website/business.
Obviously I have a set of fees for jobs I get from agencies, do I have to change the fees I would charge if I get a job directly from "an end user". Some of my students might ask for translations of their letters from banks, contracts, etc. What is the common practice? Chargi
... See more
I have signed up with a couple of agencies, but I have also a small foreign language tuition business and had thought of having translation directly for my students/clients as an added feature to my website/business.
Obviously I have a set of fees for jobs I get from agencies, do I have to change the fees I would charge if I get a job directly from "an end user". Some of my students might ask for translations of their letters from banks, contracts, etc. What is the common practice? Charging a fee to the agency and a higher fee to the "end user"?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-05 09:17]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:06
English to German
+ ...
Forum search? Aug 5, 2005

Hi Morejudo,
Have you checked the forum search? There have been a few discussions on this issue, the most recent one just a couple of weeks ago.

Of course, there may be specific factors in the UK, but the general principle would be similar elsewhere, I think.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK Freelance pricing vs Agency pricing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »