Mobile menu

Skype: payment by credit card
Thread poster: xxxPuicz
xxxPuicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:37
Swedish to English
Aug 5, 2005

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Skypeout credit by credit card? If not, why I wonder is it no longer possible?
Mike Parsley


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Legal and Business Translation Services
Local time: 18:37
Dutch to English
+ ...
Possible to pay for Skypeout by using credit card Aug 5, 2005

Hi

I bought Skype out credits by credit card about 2 months ago. As far as I know that it still possible.

Sandra

[Edited at 2005-08-05 11:30]

[Edited at 2005-08-05 11:31]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
sorchio
Germany
Local time: 18:37
English to German
Skype gives no indication Aug 5, 2005

I bought SkypeOut credit with CC about a month ago. Also, a look at the website under SykpeOut doesn't indicate that payment with CC isn't possible anymore. Where did you get that info from?

Greetings,
Rebecca


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:37
Member
English to Dutch
+ ...
It still worked on June 13 Aug 5, 2005

I regularly buy Skype minutes.
Last time was apparently on June 13. No problems then.


Good luck!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxPuicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:37
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
3 choices given Aug 5, 2005

Mike Parsley wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Skypeout credit by credit card? If not, why I wonder is it no longer possible?
Mike Parsley

It's just that I am given 3 choices: Moneybookers, Paypal and bank draft, none of which I've previously used. The credit card payment method doesn't seem to be given. Maybe I've missed it somewhere?


[Edited at 2005-08-05 14:35]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Emilija Ivanovska  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
Member (2005)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
It seems that Skype no longer allows... Aug 5, 2005

... CC use for purchase of SkypeOut credits. I used to buy credits at least twice a month with my CC... until 3 days ago, when it said "Card Payment Failed". I went through the Skype forums and found out that many other people were having the same problems (of course I had sufficient funds on my CC). There was also a forum posting that Paypal payments also fail.

Regards,

Emilija


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxPuicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:37
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Likely cause:confusion of 2 accounts Aug 5, 2005

Emilija Ivanovska wrote:

... CC use for purchase of SkypeOut credits. I used to buy credits at least twice a month with my CC... until 3 days ago, when it said "Card Payment Failed". I went through the Skype forums and found out that many other people were having the same problems (of course I had sufficient funds on my CC). There was also a forum posting that Paypal payments also fail.

Regards,

Emilija


Thanks to you all for your help. Tim, a Proz colleague, has said that he has found that if the skype people see that you have 2 accounts, they withdraw the CC option for security reasons. This seems to be what has happened in my case. I entered a different address to that of my account, as the number of the apartment building where I live had been recently changed. O that I had not been so zealous!
(the latest as of 6 August)Skype billing has promised me a reply in a couple of days. Good luck with your CC problem Emilija!
Mike

[Edited at 2005-08-06 16:51]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxPuicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:37
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
mysterious end to question Aug 12, 2005

Mike Parsley wrote:

Emilija Ivanovska wrote:

... CC use for purchase of SkypeOut credits. I used to buy credits at least twice a month with my CC... until 3 days ago, when it said "Card Payment Failed". I went through the Skype forums and found out that many other people were having the same problems (of course I had sufficient funds on my CC). There was also a forum posting that Paypal payments also fail.

Regards,

Emilija


Thanks to you all for your help. Tim, a Proz colleague, has said that he has found that if the skype people see that you have 2 accounts, they withdraw the CC option for security reasons. This seems to be what has happened in my case. I entered a different address to that of my account, as the number of the apartment building where I live had been recently changed. O that I had not been so zealous!
(the latest as of 6 August)Skype billing has promised me a reply in a couple of days. Good luck with your CC problem Emilija!
Mike

[Edited at 2005-08-06 16:51]

After a number of exchanges with Skype Support, who have been very attentive, and an abortive try to use my credit card with Moneybookers, I have learnt (12 August) that, in the words of Skype, "Unfortunately it is not possible for you to use your credit card, since we do not accept payments with credit cards from Spain at the moment due to technical incompabilities".
A mysterious situation for one with an internationally accredited credit card to find himself in....


[Edited at 2005-08-12 09:48]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Skype: payment by credit card

Advanced search


Translation news





Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs