How to charge for an home page! Urgently needed
Thread poster: Karine J.

Karine J.
Local time: 08:59
French to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2005

Hi,

I´m just wondering how the other translators are charging for a hom page. Are you used to charged per hour? Or per word??
I already translated one and charged per hour. Is that correct?
Please need your advices urgently as I´ve a new project one for a home page and want to be sure charging the right way.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Word count Aug 21, 2005

I count the words on the page(s) and send the client a written quote with any pages which might be included so that we both know what the price is for.

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Only bear in mind that sometimes not everything is visible Aug 21, 2005

There can be messages in scripts that you should translate and a lot of code you do not touch. Sometimes content is in a database, sometimes texs are embedded in pictures. If you can negotiate payment by hour it is a safe choice.

[Edited at 2005-08-21 19:29]

Karine J.
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 22, 2005

Thanks for your support! I think I´ll go ahead with an hour price as I think either that it is more adequat.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to charge for an home page! Urgently needed

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs