Payment policies
Thread poster: Vanessa Rivera Rivier

Vanessa Rivera Rivier  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 14:33
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2005

I am currently working for an agency that has a payment policy of 30 days...I accept payments through PayPal and the last time they payed me they did so with an E-check which took a full 9 days to clear...so it took an extra 9 days plus the time it takes for Paypal to deposit the money in my account...My question would be...should I stop complaining and be grateful I received the money at all or can I request not to be paid with an e-check? 9 days can make a difference when you're expecting money and have bills to pay!

Warm greetings from Puerto Rico!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-22 07:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Your Choice Aug 22, 2005

Vanessa Rivera Rivier wrote:
.. 9 days can make a difference when you're expecting money and have bills to pay!

You can stipulate the payment terms according to your needs.

Maybe you will loose some jobs this way, but they would be paid too late, anyway.

Additionally, you may ask your bank to increase your credit line.

[Edited at 2005-08-22 04:00]

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 14:33
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ask--what can it hurt? Aug 22, 2005

Hi, Vanessa!

You can always make the request. They may not grant it, but if you ask politely and in a professional manner it shouldn't hurt your standing with them. Maybe they'll even respect you for it! If you don't say anything, they'll assume everything's fine.

Greetings from the far west (San Germán, that is)!

Jane

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:33
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
immediate payment will cost you more Aug 23, 2005

Vanessa Rivera Rivier wrote:
or can I request not to be paid with an e-check?

Just take into account that, while for e-check payment paypal does not charge you much, instant payments are somewhat costly for the recipient. Look for the rates on PP site.
Ciao

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment policies

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs