Thread poster: Cordioli
Cordioli
Cordioli  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 7, 2005

A client suggested to use iKobo as payment method. Since I have never heard about it, I'd like to have more information. TIA

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 20:10
English to German
+ ...
search here Sep 7, 2005

Marcia Cordioli wrote:

A client suggested to use iKobo as payment method. Since I have never heard about it, I'd like to have more information. TIA
http://www.proz.com/?sp=search Best regards, Brandis

@caduceus (X)
@caduceus (X)
United States
Local time: 12:10
English to German
+ ...
iKobo website Sep 7, 2005

Take a look at their website: https://www.ikobo.com/

Maria Castro Valdez
Maria Castro Valdez  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:10
Member (2002)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Yes! Sep 7, 2005

Hi Marcia,

Yes, Ikobo is reliable. A canadien client suggested me to use it and I used it twice without problem.
Good luck!
María

Luciano Monteiro
Luciano Monteiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes Sep 7, 2005

I have been using iKobo for over a year and have received numerous transfers from multiple clients. It is definitely a very good choice of payment for translators.

Akorbi
Akorbi
United States
Local time: 13:10
Member (2008)
Translation Agency Sep 8, 2005

Hello,

I paid all our translators for more than a year through Ikobo, here we have a few things to consider:

- Ikobo's customer support is very bad!!
- Ikobo can be expensive
- They hold your money for long time (around a week to clear) *** Please verify my last item because that is the reason I left them. I do not know if that is applicable.

The good things about it:

- The market does not have too much to select from
- Kind o
... See more
Hello,

I paid all our translators for more than a year through Ikobo, here we have a few things to consider:

- Ikobo's customer support is very bad!!
- Ikobo can be expensive
- They hold your money for long time (around a week to clear) *** Please verify my last item because that is the reason I left them. I do not know if that is applicable.

The good things about it:

- The market does not have too much to select from
- Kind of OK reliability

Best luck,

Claudia
Collapse

Jake Estrada FCIL CL
Jake Estrada FCIL CL  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 02:10
Member (2003)
English to Tagalog
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
sharing my experience Sep 8, 2005

Just my personal experience, Ikobo provides a better than average service. Fees are quite expensive, but not too far from what other similar services charge.

One thing I noticed about it is its ease of use and convenience.
I got my I-Kard in less than a week after I enrolled in the service (it was shipped internationally). Using the I-Kard, I was able to withdraw the funds within 24 hours after receiving payment from my client in another continent. I was able to withdraw the
... See more
Just my personal experience, Ikobo provides a better than average service. Fees are quite expensive, but not too far from what other similar services charge.

One thing I noticed about it is its ease of use and convenience.
I got my I-Kard in less than a week after I enrolled in the service (it was shipped internationally). Using the I-Kard, I was able to withdraw the funds within 24 hours after receiving payment from my client in another continent. I was able to withdraw the money in my local currency and using our local ATMs here (which do happen to be affiliated with Ikobo's services).

As for customer support, I could not comment on that because I haven't dealt with their support people for the plain reason that I haven't had anything to report or complain to Ikobo (so far).

So to answer the original question, yes, Ikobo is reliable.
Collapse

Ravindra Godbole
Ravindra Godbole  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:40
English to Marathi
+ ...
not very reliable Sep 8, 2005

First time used ikobo it was good. But second time I used I did not get any money at all.

Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Pablo Roufogalis (X)
Colombia
Local time: 13:10
English to Spanish
Point of Sale Sep 13, 2005

One important thing about iKobo is that you can't use it for online payments, just for ATMs and POS at physical stores.

They only take Visa cards for remittances.

It is quite limited, but may be alright for some people/cases.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know if iKobo is reliable?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »