How to charge for a faxed forms (certificates)
Thread poster: Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:57
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 1, 2002

I recently got a job from one of my regular clients. It was a Birth Certificate which was sent to me by fax. The printed format was already in Target language while the entries on that were in Source language. In all there were about 500 words, 400 words already in Target Language and only 100 words in Source Language. My questions are:

1) In what format I should send the translation? Should I type all the words (Target+ translated Source) and send the document?

... See more
I recently got a job from one of my regular clients. It was a Birth Certificate which was sent to me by fax. The printed format was already in Target language while the entries on that were in Source language. In all there were about 500 words, 400 words already in Target Language and only 100 words in Source Language. My questions are:

1) In what format I should send the translation? Should I type all the words (Target+ translated Source) and send the document?

2) Do I write by hand the translation on that document wherever it appears and fax that back?

3) Do I translate and type only translated words and somehow identify which text is for which source string?

3) How do I charge in either cases? Ofcourse, in this case minimum charges were applicable, but one can get a larger projects. Should I count all the words? Only translated words?

Ofcourse, best way is to ask the client and in my case they opted (2), write and fax, but I am interested in knowing how others are doing.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to charge for a faxed forms (certificates)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »