Thread poster: Raymond Chu
Raymond Chu
Raymond Chu
Taiwan
Local time: 12:42
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 1, 2002

For my personal study and research, I am trying to collect information on rates for translation of documents in areas of law, business, technologies, software localization, etc. in all language pairs paid by agencies in different countries. Also need information on how agencies do their word-count (by computer?) and whether they pay for word-count of source or target text. Appreciate help.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:42
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I wouldn't answer such a question in a forum Jul 2, 2002

Sorry Raymond, but who\'s going to read it ? Anyone. What could be done with it ? Anything.

I can tell you that in Chile the unit is a page, and a page must have 250 words.Word-count is done by computer.

There are clients that don\'t ask about your rate but say \"I offer you x for this\" showing you printed sheets, and you discover if it was fair or not when, once done, you can count the words.

Hope it helps.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am trying to collect information on rates

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »