Non- Payer client
Thread poster: Aisha Rishi

Aisha Rishi
Local time: 00:22
English to Urdu
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

Hi all,

Some time ago I left a review for one of the non paying client, who owed me about 500 USD but wouldn't reply to my calls etc. I provided ProZ with all the correspondence, all the invoices, + also the emails from the client saying how much he appreciated my work and how pleased he was with my professionalism etc.

He left an answer to my review today in ProZ, saying that whatever I wrote was all a lie and that he paid me 387 USD for a job that I did very badly and that he has a proof of the money order he sent me.

This person is a professional liar is all I can say for him, but I would like one of the ProZ moderators ask him for that proof to be sent to them, and if he can't come up with a genuine proof, I would like to see him banned from here so he can not con anyone else like that. I know I will never get my money back, but I don't want this happening to my other fellow translators.

Any of the ProZ moderators can copntact me and I am willing to send them all the correspondence I have. By the way this guy said he sent me the money order, however on all my invoices the method of payment was to be PayPal.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:22
English to German
+ ...
The role of moderators - Termination Policy Oct 21, 2005

Hi azure,
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you encountered trouble. However, allow me to correct some misconceptions about the role of and its moderators. is a venue - you can use it to establish contacts with prospective clients, but neither the site nor any of its moderators are a party to any business relationship which you may enter into - on or off the site.

Therefore, moderators do not get involved in bilateral disputes. You had your say on the Blue Board - the outsourcer has responded. As long as the entries contain no personal comments, threats, or insults, we cannot and will not get involved.

The only exception is the Termination Policy, which provides for the suspension of non-payers based on complaints by at least two unrelated sources. For this purpose, we will ask members to confirm that they delivered the work on time, and in accordance with specifications, and that no quality issues were raised and substantiated by the outsourcer. Accordingly, we will start investigating as soon as we have a minimum of two independent complaints.

Best regards,

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:22
German to English
+ ...
Non-payment Oct 23, 2005

Hi azure,

I agree with everything that Ralf has said and I am sorry that you are having such an experience. If I may, I would just like to suggest that you contact a trusted attorney near you to help you resolve the matter: 500 USD is a lot of money (IMHO). In most cases that are as clear-cut as the one you describe, the losing side will usually end up having to pay the attorney costs (that is, at least, the case in most European countries).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non- Payer client

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs