Zeljko Susljic
Zeljko Susljic  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:57
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 12, 2005

Hello,

Some time ago a customer paid me by uploading the funds on my Mastercard. Normally you pay with your Mastercard, you do not get paid through it. Does anybody know how did they do it? It is a great way of sending funds without horrific bank charges.
Kind regards,
Zeljko

Hans G. Liepert
Hans G. Liepert  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Bank charges in Europe Nov 12, 2005

zeljko wrote:
Some time ago a customer paid me by uploading the funds on my Mastercard. Normally you pay with your Mastercard, you do not get paid through it. Does anybody know how did they do it? It is a great way of sending funds without horrific bank charges.
Kind regards,
Zeljko

Did you consider the charges he might have paid to the card organization?
It always depends where your customer is located: Payments within the European Union usually are free (within certain limits). Problems usually arise if the payment comes from outside the EU or is made through anachronisms, like checks.

Zeljko Susljic
Belgium
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
payment on my VISA or Mastercard Nov 12, 2005

Well, they were even from another continent (I am in the EU). And I guess that the charges were still lower than what would be paid through the bank for a regular bank transfer. I suspect they did it via a "PayPal kind of organisation" - an internet bank. I checked PayPal and Moneybookers but didn't find any option to do it through them.

Malgorzata Kazmierczak
Malgorzata Kazmierczak
English to Polish
+ ...
iKobo or xoom Nov 12, 2005

I only know about websites that send you their own ATM cards like iKobo.com or xoom.com. It's very cheap to send money this way in comparison to bank or western union charges.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fund reimbursements Nov 12, 2005

I was paid that way, too. What they do is to "reimburse" you your funds, (as when you return some defective item and the seller gives you your money back). I don't know about charges, but I received my money without problems.

Zeljko Susljic
Belgium
Croatian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
payment on my VISA or Mastercard Nov 13, 2005

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:

I was paid that way, too. What they do is to "reimburse" you your funds, (as when you return some defective item and the seller gives you your money back). I don't know about charges, but I received my money without problems.

I also heard of that option, but I am not so sure weather it is legal or not... As long as I got my money...

Thank you everybody for your thoughts,
Kind regards,
Zeljko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

payment on my VISA or Mastercard

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »