Mobile menu

Starting online: What are average rates?
Thread poster: rominessa

rominessa
Belgium
Local time: 11:12
English to French
Jul 17, 2002

I am totally new to online translation jobs. How can I get an idea of what the average rates are? I am located in Brussels, Belgium. Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:12
SITE FOUNDER
money-related topics go under "money matters" Jul 17, 2002

I am moving this topic...

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:12
SITE FOUNDER
We collect that data Jul 17, 2002

ProZ.com members can enter rate information into their profile pages. We have done some statistical analysis, and make rate data available to platinum members, in their own language pairs.

(Platinum members, click on \"view rates\" in the menu.)

For English to French, right now, the average minimum stated is 9 cts/wd. The average target (desired rate over time) is 11 cts/wd. The avg hourly target rate is $34/hr. (228 members have reported in English to French.)

rominessa
Belgium
Local time: 11:12
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info. Jul 17, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-17 15:31, Henry wrote:

ProZ.com members can enter rate information into their profile pages. We have done some statistical analysis, and make rate data available to platinum members, in their own language pairs.

(Platinum members, click on \"view rates\" in the menu.)

For English to French, right now, the average minimum stated is 9 cts/wd. The average target (desired rate over time) is 11 cts/wd. The avg hourly target rate is $34/hr. (228 members have reported in English to French.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting online: What are average rates?

Advanced search

Translation news

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs