US translation company only? - nonpaying
Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 17:42
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 30, 2005

I've dealt with many translation companies - all over the world. 3 companies from US didn't pay so far. A scam with so many different name come-back, disappearing and cancelling the project himself not knowing he didn't notify that to me and not knowing the deadline wasn't given.. Why is this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:42
English to German
+ ...
Non-payment not restricted to certain countries Nov 30, 2005

Hi jis,
I'm sorry to hear about this issue.

Based on the experience we have with the Blue Board and the ProZ.com Termination Policy, however, I can say that unfortunately, non-payment issues are not restricted to single countries.

With some of the recent cases, Jobs moderators were surprised by the lack of precautions taken - it was after delivering work that translators discovered phone numbers weren't working. It's always worth remembering that by delivering work to unknown customers, you're essentially lending that person money. Therefore, the cost of an international phone call to check who picks up that contact telephone number is money well invested - alongside other safety measures, of course.

Best regards,
Ralf

Canada
Local time: 17:42
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 19, 2005

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US translation company only? - nonpaying

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs